The 2021 Raider Draft Day Thread - Round 1 Chat

RaidersAreOne

3 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Guaranteed 11-6 at least. 

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-ranking-all-32-nfl-rosters-ahead-of-the-2021-nfl-draft

You guys need to stop being homers and look at over overall roster.  If you think Rogers or Brady turns us into SB contenders you really need to go back to football 101.  

"The Raiders rank 31st in 2020 WAR currently on the roster outside of QB".  All we need is a QB and our problems will be fixed... Come on man....

Just now, Frankie2Gunz said:

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-ranking-all-32-nfl-rosters-ahead-of-the-2021-nfl-draft

You guys need to stop being homers and look at over overall roster.  If you think Rogers or Brady turns us into SB contenders you really need to go back to football 101.  

"The Raiders rank 31st in 2020 WAR currently on the roster outside of QB".  All we need is a QB and our problems will be fixed... Come on man....

Our offense crapped the bed down the stretch last year and it cost us a shot at the playoffs. Adding the MVP vs Carr makes a huge difference. 

Just now, NYRaider said:

Our offense crapped the bed down the stretch last year and it cost us a shot at the playoffs. Adding the MVP vs Carr makes a huge difference. 

31st overall in WAR for our roster outside of QB.  This is from PFF which has no skin in the game. 2nd worst roster in terms of talent....  

You really don't know what talent is if you think we have a solid roster and Carr is the issue.  

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Absolutely it does, but our D is the reason we didnt make the playoffs. 
IF we can do it and some how keep our first Id love it. 
Carr and our first id do it, but Id still be very worried about our D heading into the season. 

But I thnk our O goes from top 10, to top 3 with Rodgers. 
It def adds wins. 

31st overall in WAR for our roster outside of QB.  This is from PFF which has no skin in the game. 2nd worst roster in terms of talent....  

You really don't know what talent is if you think we have a solid roster and Carr is the issue.  

No idea what the hell WAR is 

Carr is far from the issue on the team, but Rodgers can elevate even a bum team rn. I also think the defense will be better this year with Yannick, possibly adding Ingram/heyward, and draft talent.

Just now, BackinBlack said:

Absolutely it does, but our D is the reason we didnt make the playoffs. 
IF we can do it and some how keep our first Id love it. 
Carr and our first id do it, but Id still be very worried about our D heading into the season. 

But I thnk our O goes from top 10, to top 3 with Rodgers. 
It def adds wins. 

Is reaching on a RT at 17 going to make our D better?

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

Is reaching on a RT at 17 going to make our D better?

No, ive Said to many people I do not want a RT (Or any O) at 17.
We need to fix our D. 
It is blatantly obvious to me. Our D was the problem last year

Edited by BackinBlack

1 minute ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Carr is far from the issue on the team, but Rodgers can elevate even a bum team rn. I also think the defense will be better this year with Yannick, possibly adding Ingram/heyward, and draft talent.

The Buccaneers went from 7-9 with and ranked 29th in points allowed to SB champions after adding Brady.

1 minute ago, BackinBlack said:

No, ive Said to many people I do not want a RT (Or any O) at 17.
We need to fix our D. 
It is blatantly obvious to me. Our D was the problem last year

Did our D cause Carr to fall off a cliff the final 6 games in 2019 and 2020?

2 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Rogers is 37 and would not take this team as it stand to the SB.  That is a fact.  To get him we will need to mortgage the future on a team with a ton of holes to fill and a roster deficient of talent.  It makes zero sense.