The 2021 Raider Draft Day Thread - Round 1 Chat

RaidersAreOne

Just now, Frankie2Gunz said:

Rogers is 37 and would not take this team as it stand to the SB.  That is a fact.  To get him we will need to mortgage the future on a team with a ton of holes to fill and a roster deficient of talent.  It makes zero sense. 

True, reaching on a RT and FS in the first 2 rounds and an 8-9 season makes more sense. 

Gonna log off soon cause I hate checking my phone over and over during the draft, kind of ruins the experience. Just want to wish everyone luck and hopefully we get a good player. Regardless of the Raiders, just enjoy the draft and have a good time. Could be one of the funnest ones ever. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Carr is far from the issue on the team, but Rodgers can elevate even a bum team rn. I also think the defense will be better this year with Yannick, possibly adding Ingram/heyward, and draft talent.

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Carr's stinker in Atlanta and faking the injury against the Chargers cost us a chance at the playoffs. 

The last two seasons Carr has fallen apart down the stretch. 

2019 first 10 games (6-4 record): 2,494 yards (72% comp), 15 TD, 5 INT, 22.5 ppg

2019 last 6 games (1-5 record): 1,560 yards (67% comp), 6 TD, 3 INT, 14.6 ppg

2020 first 10 games (6-4 record): 2,431 yards (70% comp), 19 TD, 3 INT, 29.0 ppg

2020 last 6 games (2-4 record): 1,672 yards (63% comp), 8 TD, 6 INT, 24.1 ppg

Excuses.  Why don't you read the article before you dismiss it as doo doo...  

You just like the easy excuse. It's Carr's fault which is extremely low brow

Refer to my post above about Carr's decline in the playoff hunt. Also Tampa Bay's defense was horrible in 2019, got Brady, SB Champs. 

We need young, elite, impact players on a rookie contracts.  It's time for Gruden and Mayock to earn their bloated paychecks.  

Carr the first 10 games had 19 TD, 3 INT and the last 6 games had 8 TD and 6 INT. Gruden's fault...

Just now, NYRaider said:

Refer to my post above about Carr's decline in the playoff hunt. Also Tampa Bay's defense was horrible in 2019, got Brady, SB Champs. 

LOL do you even watch football?  Ever hear of a bum named Ol' Crab Legs who put his D in terrible situations with 30+ INT's?

You add an efficient Brady, Gronk, AB, Fornette and that helps the D tremendously.  The talent was there they just had a turnover machine at QB that no one on that roster had faith in.