The 2021 Raider Draft Day Thread - Round 1 Chat

RaidersAreOne

23 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

Has he played RT?  I have read about him maybe moving to guard or at least that is where he should play.  As far as I know he only played LT and RG.  Maybe Cable the mastermind can help him smoothly transition to RT like he did with Parker.

Well I mean for what it’s worth Alex Leatherwood is more athletic in every way. He also played much better competition and won the Outland award . So there’s that

Edited by Jeremy408

22 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

Well I mean for what it’s worth Alex Leatherwood is more athletic in every way. He also played much better competition and won the Outland award . So there’s that

Not saying the talent level is the same but more so the transition.  Some playing time at RG should help but I wish we would stop moving people all over the place on the line.  Maybe we could draft a C to play C.  You can not assume players can transition to positions they have little to no experience at.  Miller had experience at LT so it was easier but moving your 2016 and 2017 pro bowl LT to RT was stupid and compounded by doing the same to a small school rookie who had never sniffed the right side of the line.

I am going to pull for Leatherwood and hope he does well.  My issue is with Cable and the people who listen to him.

Edited by drfrey13
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

how could they view Leatherwood as a better prospect than Darrisaw...I'll never understand

Bama... Slightly More Athletic.... that’s basically it. Not saying Darrisaw will be better in the NFL but Leatherwood wasn’t half the Tackle Darrisaw was. 

• Like 1

Just now, BayRaider said:

Plays with plenty of hustle and effort, with absolutely flawless technique. Highest Graded Pass Protector in College Football. 

It's interesting he slid all the way to #23 given he's seemingly an elite prospect by your standards. I wonder what gives with him. Iirc he's coming off a minor core injury but that shouldn't cause him to fall that far.