Julio Jones - Yes or No?

coordinator0

Looks like some rumors are starting to heat up about the Ravens being interested in Jones if he actually is on the block. This is big enough for it's own thread. What's your opinion on the matter?

I'm not sure where I stand. Without a firm guess on the price it's hard to get a feel for it.

Everything I’ve heard is the deal would be for 2022 draft capital. In that case, how high would one go for Julio? How many games will he play? Would he even be medically cleared currently?

I love the idea, because he can be our Boldin from years ago. Obviously Julio is a monster talent far above Boldin, but that big bodied WR threat has lacked for us over the years. 

I’d love him for a 3rd 2022, but feel he might cost someone a 2nd easily 

Edited by ravens5520
  • Like 1

Its all about the cost for me - both in terms of draft capital and cap space - but there's zero doubt that he could improve the passing game given he'd automatically be the most sure-handed receiver on the team (to say nothing of his athletic ability, route running etc).

His 2021 cap hit would be ~$15.3m iirc, and the Ravens currently have $15.1m in cap space, so something would need to be worked out to fit him under the cap along with all our draft picks.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AngusMcFife said:

If Julio is willing to rework his contract, we should pounce. I don't think he should take less money, but we need to back load some of that salary to make it work. 

Yeah, signing bonus. Only issue would be Julio’s age. Pushing money into a future where a declining Julio might not be worth the additional dollars against the cap would make for a difficult decision on whether to push those dollars into the future.

Its the Ravens MO to trade for a veteran receiver, but not really their MO to push dollars into the future for aged players.

I wonder if we could free up cap via some other means with someone already on the roster.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Boodgyman5220 said:

Hear me out. 2 1sts this year, 2nd next year, for Julio and pick number 4? It’s draft day and I’m feeling kinda crazy

Very crazy. So Julio & #4 for 2 1st and 2nd. Very low in an offer even to make that leap. It took SF 3 1st to get from 12 to 3

No I wouldn’t unload the Ravens future for Julio and #4... 

1 hour ago, Boodgyman5220 said:

Hear me out. 2 1sts this year, 2nd next year, for Julio and pick number 4? It’s draft day and I’m feeling kinda crazy

Falcons would hang up before we finished. They wouldn't give us #4 for our 2 firsts and our 2nd next year, let alone with Julio.

Edited by M.10.E