Are you Smarter than an NFL GM (2021 edition)

Forge

It's that time of year again! Time to pit your drafting acumen up against the real thing with the 49ers forum shadow draft!

For those that are new to us, this started with a thread I created in 2015 I believe...the "what would you have done" after draft mock. The next year, our very own @y2lamanaki spun it off into the much loved Are You Smarter than Series, and we've been doing it ever since with minor variances year to year. 

Here is a link to the links (lol) for previous years

Basic rules of the game - make the picks you want at each of our draft spots. TRADES ARE OPTIONAL

You are under no obligation to move up / down in a draft just because the niners do. In those instances, you would simply pick at the regular spot, however the person that we select (if we moved up) would not be available to you for a choice. That is important to remember. YOU CANNOT CREATE TRADES. Simply put, you can't take a trade that doesn't involve us. It simply gets too convoluted. 

Preference would be that you make the picks live, which is a trend Y2 started a couple of years ago. It's a lot more fun, and a lot more difficult, but also a lot better. 

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask in the thread, but truthfully, just make your picks, you'll be fine. After we done, it gets added to the others and we largely forget about it outside of random references at various times on who we picked even though the intention has always been to do a more detailed and thorough review of these draft classes for each of us. 

I believe that our current picks are as follows: 

• Round 1, pick 3 
  • Round 2, pick 43 
  • Round 3, pick 102 
  • Round 4, pick 117 
  • Round 5, pick 155 
  • Round 5, pick 172 
  • Round 6, pick 194 
  • Round 7, pick 230

44 minutes ago, Melbourne 9er said:

Is anything being done about critiquing previous versions of this? I know Y2 did it in the past but the reviews are a couple of years late...unless I missed something???

Y2 and I had plans to do podcasts covering them, but that kind of died. 

38 minutes ago, Aussie9er said:

And can have a 2 versions of this like we did in the past a live one and one after the draft has happened.

Live picks are just more fun, but not everyone can do that it's perfectly fine to just do it all afterwards. It's just really fun if you can do it live. Drove me nuts last year lol