Jump to content

The Official 2021 NFL Draft Thread!


Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

It's DRAFT DAY, DRAFT DAY, gotta get down on DRAFT DAY

We're making picks throughout the WEEKEND, WEEKEND!

*Shrug*

That's how you know it's bad in Houston. I've been over the moon for the draft since David Carr went #1 in 2002 (hell, even before that - I remember 1995 and Steve McNair getting drafted by the Oilers).

This is the first draft since the Oilers leaving Houston where I have zero interest. That's what Cal McNair has done, killed off my interest in the draft.

The way I see it, the Texans are on the clock for 2022. Maybe then I'll be more interested.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ET80 said:

*Shrug*

That's how you know it's bad in Houston. I've been over the moon for the draft since David Carr went #1 in 2002 (hell, even before that - I remember 1995 and Steve McNair getting drafted by the Oilers).

This is the first draft since the Oilers leaving Houston where I have zero interest. That's what Cal McNair has done, killed off my interest in the draft.

The way I see it, the Texans are on the clock for 2022. Maybe then I'll be more interested.

I just updated it to help you out ;) 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, ET80 said:

*Shrug*

That's how you know it's bad in Houston. I've been over the moon for the draft since David Carr went #1 in 2002 (hell, even before that - I remember 1995 and Steve McNair getting drafted by the Oilers).

This is the first draft since the Oilers leaving Houston where I have zero interest. That's what Cal McNair has done, killed off my interest in the draft.

The way I see it, the Texans are on the clock for 2022. Maybe then I'll be more interested.

That’s what Bruce Allen did to me.  Then last year he was gone and I was back.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

That’s what Bruce Allen did to me.  Then last year he was gone and I was back.

Yup, yup - I remember that. My Bruce Allen is Jack Easterby.

Link to post
Share on other sites

*Phillips and Farley both fall out of the 1st completely

*Justin Fields is the #3 pick to SF

*Mac Jones has the most comical and uncomfortable green room draft day experience in a LONG time

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

*Justin Fields is the #3 pick to SF

There has been very few draft prospects who's fall has been more inexplicable to me than Justin Fields. One of the best HS QB prospects goes to OSU and absolutely shreds defenses both in and outside the system, physically he's a monster, and mentally he's a clear leader (the B1GCCG proved that beyond a shadow of a doubt - we hit him once and just pissed him off). So he even checks the Football Guy box.

 

It makes me crazy because OSU fans are coming out of the woodwork (rightly) confused and I have to agree with them. Urgh.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

There has been very few draft prospects who's fall has been more inexplicable to me than Justin Fields. One of the best HS QB prospects goes to OSU and absolutely shreds defenses both in and outside the system, physically he's a monster, and mentally he's a clear leader (the B1GCCG proved that beyond a shadow of a doubt - we hit him once and just pissed him off). So he even checks the Football Guy box.

 

It makes me crazy because OSU fans are coming out of the woodwork (rightly) confused and I have to agree with them. Urgh.

Justin ran an NFL offense at OSU. Ryan Day borrowed a ton of concepts from the Rams Greatest Show on Turf. It’s why Justin was “slow to process information.” The dude had WR option routes that you never see in college. This game alone showed me what I needed to see:

 

 

 

But he struggled with Alabama and Northwester, so f it. He will be a monster if he lands in New England.

Edited by candyman93
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

There has been very few draft prospects who's fall has been more inexplicable to me than Justin Fields. One of the best HS QB prospects goes to OSU and absolutely shreds defenses both in and outside the system, physically he's a monster, and mentally he's a clear leader (the B1GCCG proved that beyond a shadow of a doubt - we hit him once and just pissed him off). So he even checks the Football Guy box.

 

It makes me crazy because OSU fans are coming out of the woodwork (rightly) confused and I have to agree with them. Urgh.

joined one of us GIF

IMO, I don't get it at all.

Network analyst: Mac Jones has every intangible

Also Mac Jones: Brutal social media potentially racist history, DUI history, was nicknamed John McEnroe by his position coach and OC, has a body that looks like how mine will 30 years from now, has a limited skillset, had a screen or RPO on 58% of all dropbacks (you read that right), has a video with him screaming about making millions on Twitter eerily similar to Manziel's money phone

Justin Fields: Has every pure skillset you'd want, petitioned to have football played this year, played through injuries twice on the biggest stage

Network analyst: Fields has a questionable work ethic and love for the game

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Kellen Mond is taken top 20

Rondale Moore will go top 15

Cowboys take Devonta Smith at 10

Pitts drops out of the top 10

Raiders takes a player who has a 3rd round grade in the first round.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ET80 said:

*Shrug*

That's how you know it's bad in Houston. I've been over the moon for the draft since David Carr went #1 in 2002 (hell, even before that - I remember 1995 and Steve McNair getting drafted by the Oilers).

This is the first draft since the Oilers leaving Houston where I have zero interest. That's what Cal McNair has done, killed off my interest in the draft.

The way I see it, the Texans are on the clock for 2022. Maybe then I'll be more interested.

Come over to the Lions man. This is Christmas for us. LMAO

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...