The Official 2021 NFL Draft Thread!

HolmesPriest

24 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

Why would you ever take a first round RB..and especially why would you ever do it when you already have a guy like Robinson on the roster? So strange.

I feel like it's not really a big deal to diversify your rushing attack, if it's going to be a big part of your gameplan and trying to support your new QB.

Especially when it's a pretty big spread between what Robinson and Etienne can do.  It's like a Kamara/Ingram type duo, where, especially because of what it sounds like they want to do with Etienne...you can find ways to get them both on the field plenty.

With Robinson, it's also a case where it wouldn't be the first time we saw a "one hit wonder" type RB out of the type of system the Jaguars ran last year.  I doubt that's the case, but he does have some dynamic limitations...and one of the things Urban has really stressed, is that he wants the team to play fast, as a fundamental principle.  Which Etienne should help them do more effectively in the ground game...but in the passing game as well.

It's also basically just a cost-controlled RB for the same duration as Lawrence's rookie contract.  So that's two keystones of your offense locked in.  And frankly...a lot of players at a lot of positions are basically "1 contract players' now anyway.  So i'm not sure it matters that a RB is as well.

Though getting the OLine in better order is my preferred approach first.  This is...not that catastrophic.

Edited by Tugboat
  • Like 1

Owusu
Barmore
Jenkins
Williams
Dickerson
Ojulari
Moehrig
Grant
Holland
Campbell
Ossai
Humphrey
Samuel Jr.
Basham
Odeyingbo

Awesome list of players to look at going into round 2 their are quite a few legit 1st round quality players on that list and this is just a list of guys i want the Falcons to look at.  If you add in WR's and OT's  like Moore and Marshall it's even more impressive.

Qb picks. 

Best-

Lawrence right player with the number 1 overall picks and a generational talent.

Mac Jones properly rated and drafted player, if he fails new england tires again in a year or two.

Justin fields, good pick by Chicago, didnt give up too much to get a possible franchise qb. 

Not sure

Hopeful he doesnt bust zach wilson at 2 seems rich. 

Bad

Trading 3 1st rounders for a qb that has 300 career passes and one year of starting seems crazy. Especially considering he is the most boom or bust of the lot. Ultimately they could have got him for less.

Decided to take a back seat this year, and remain in the black as far as watching the draft was concerned, and participating with others. Whether I liked who the 49ers selected or not, I didn't want to immediately share my thoughts. Now that it's been many hours later, like I said in the 49ers forum, the pick of Trey Lance largely feels indifferent. I can understand the potential upside for him, but the critics largely questioning his accuracy as a passer really concern me. To stack on top of that, he hasn't played that much, and that was already at the FCS level. Just feels like the odds of him panning out aren't great. I wonder what it was that really intrigued Shanahan about him over Fields. Obviously coach is a wizard when it comes to running the football, but I just mean as a passer. Did he not find his inaccurate passing that big of a deal? Or did he feel his offense at least could mitigate it? What about his resolve in the pocket? John and Kyle already he was the guy the day they made the trade apparently. I guess at least it wasn't Mac Jones, and they went for broke, but I don't think they had to if they wanted Lance. Who knows though. If Fields breaks the QB curse for the Bears, while Lance flops I'll be indefinitely dead inside. Jimmy G even with his price tag I pray stays on the roster next season. That way the 49ers won't just be rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic if QB1 goes down again. I had to stop watching games largely after that last year. because every game seemed hopeless. 

Hopefully Lance a Make Her Dance though. We'll see. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe