The Official 2021 NFL Draft Thread!

HolmesPriest

2 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

The league is responsible for that.  I just watched a video of when the Jags called Trevor to let him know they were picking him and their GM told him that the league instructed them to wait until the 8-minute mark before turning in the pick.

They have to fill 4 hours of ad revenue time 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Wyld Stallyns said:

Every year since Ballard has been with the Colts, John Dorsey calls him when the Colts are on the clock 

Would love to hear more behind the scenes negotiations. 

Now we know Detroit was trying to move up for someone.

I realized something sad last night: due to the way it’s presented, I don’t think I like the draft anymore. I love the process and want a little bit of drama (meaning the picks come to me one by one as opposed to checking the next day), but it’s become way, way too much. 

1 hour ago, jetjuice said:

Would love to hear more behind the scenes negotiations. 

Now we know Detroit was trying to move up for someone.

In his presser after the draft Ballard said that they did take a call on the pick but valued Paye over the trade offer. I’m not 💯 that this was the that call though 

5 minutes ago, Wyld Stallyns said:

In his presser after the draft Ballard said that they did take a call on the pick but valued Paye over the trade offer. I’m not 💯 that this was the that call though 

Was that not it? He said "did you up your offer?" which would imply there was already dialogue and an offer made. 

55 minutes ago, EvilenFroggen said:

I realized something sad last night: due to the way it’s presented, I don’t think I like the draft anymore. I love the process and want a little bit of drama (meaning the picks come to me one by one as opposed to checking the next day), but it’s become way, way too much. 

I can’t stand to watch any of the broadcast prior to the start of the draft. Last year I streamed Bleacher Report during the draft and muted the tv and this year I watched a YouTuber streaming with his reactions to picks. I rarely watch day 3 of the draft. Last 3 years I checked Twitter or checked in here for picks and reactions.