The Official 2021 NFL Draft Thread!

HolmesPriest

45 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Boston is a blue collar town, and even wearing the suit, Mac Jones looks like a blue collar guy who is willing to roll up his sleeves and go to work.  He's a great match for NE.  In fact, it seemed like every one of the QBs taken yesterday were a nice fit for where they were drafted. 

34 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

The Mac Jones walk really reminded me of that Leo Dicaprio meme from way back in the day.

Someone on twitter said it was your chubby aunt heading for the buffet table when it opened up at your wedding. 

• Like 3

Just now, Uncle Buck said:

Hmm.  That's what came to mind for me in that clip.  From what I've heard, he also has a very good work ethic.  I could be wrong though.  I haven't done much studying on him.

From what I've heard he is a cocky leader who puts in the work. 

16 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

Hmm.  That's what came to mind for me in that clip.  From what I've heard, he also has a very good work ethic.  I could be wrong though.  I haven't done much studying on him.

Dude was raised in a standard affluent family; dad was a professional tennis player, both parents are lawyers. Like, McCorkle is the antithesis of "blue collar". 

Edited by animaltested
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

I don't understand why Gruden and Mayock are constantly trying to outsmart the league. It's not working, clearly. 

if they want to act like the smartest person in the room and be the only guys to know that Leatherwood is actually better than other OT's that were on the board, then you know what, fine.

but you at least have to be cognizant of the market, and understand that taking him at 17 is throwing value down the toilet. be the smart guy who passed on darrisaw, traded back, and still got a guy better than darrisaw.

(this all assuming leatherwood is a better prospect than darrisaw which i find to be lol-worthy)

9 minutes ago, animaltested said:

Dude was raised in a standard affluent family; dad was a professional tennis player, both parents are lawyers. Like, McCorkle is the antithesis of "blue collar". 

I didn't know that.  We were going with Trevor from day 1 so I haven't done a lot of research on the other QB's.  That's interesting to know though.

6 minutes ago, Turnobili said:

if they want to act like the smartest person in the room and be the only guys to know that Leatherwood is actually better than other OT's that were on the board, then you know what, fine.

but you at least have to be cognizant of the market, and understand that taking him at 17 is throwing value down the toilet. be the smart guy who passed on darrisaw, traded back, and still got a guy better than darrisaw.

(this all assuming leatherwood is a better prospect than darrisaw which i find to be lol-worthy)

What's amazing is, they're not in some chump division either. Where they could maybe get away with some dopey picks. They have the perennial SB contender Chiefs and now emerging Chargers poised to claim the division for the foreseeable future, and the Raiders are doing everything possible to sink their own team.

It's the kind of situation that is clearly enabled by incompetent ownership, and you've just got to feel for Raiders fans. You finally get out of the sh*t hole that was the Oakland stadium and get a franchise rebirth of sorts, only to be saddled with such a bummy brain trust calling the shots.