2021 Broncos Draft Thread

broncosfan_101

38 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Book value only matters when demand is low, to see how much of a discount sellers give.   When multiple teams want to move up, these deals always goes over book value for QB's.   Again, if it's not for QB, rarely are there multiple buyers, which is why they go at or below book value (like us moving back with Pitt for Devin Bush).

It's kinda moot until we know who's on the board, but book value is just a reference - the seller/buyer-friendly conditions matter more this early.

Getting a 2022 2nd rounder above book value would be just fine for me.

@jsthomp2007

I think the 2014 example (NO #27, 5th rounder, following year 1st for #14 (Davenport)) is a good one given NO is picking around the same spot and would be theoretically trading up for a non QB/defensive player. Question really is what is the difference between the #14 and our #9 pick and again, is it even worth it? Thats a pretty big drop... I wouldn't be happy with anything less than their 2nd this year and 1st next year.

Is this the thread for hot take predictions?

I think only 3 of these QBs will get a 5th year extension by their drafting team. Lawrence, Fields, and Jones. Wilson and Lance will not.

I think Slater ends up with more pro bowls than Sewell.

IF chase goes to the Bengals I think he will eclipse 750yds and 7TDs as a rookie

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, broncos_fan _from _uk said:

If we’re trading back to the 20s the saints would be my target team. Really feel a big drop happening for them this year with Brees gone, would give us ammo to move up for a QB next year if Lock doesn’t take the leap.

At 28 would love to take Z. Collins, think he could be an all pro on this D.

Problem is....next years QB class is awful at least on paper so far. There might be 1 guy at the top and the Broncos given their surrounding talent wont be in position to grab him. If Sam Howell came out in the draft this year he would be QB5 or QB6 in this class--hes projected to be next years QB1.

This is the year to take a QB, not next. Really hope Paton realizes that.

32 minutes ago, broncos_fan _from _uk said:

If we’re trading back to the 20s the saints would be my target team. Really feel a big drop happening for them this year with Brees gone, would give us ammo to move up for a QB next year if Lock doesn’t take the leap.

At 28 would love to take Z. Collins, think he could be an all pro on this D.

Chicago and NO are definitely the 2 teams to target if we're going to the 20's - but it only makes sense if we're getting their 2022 1st.  The gamble being those picks values are going to be early teen's, or even better (Miss playoffs, and in Chicago's case, the tumble could be massive).

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Cutler06 said:

If Fields passes #4 and Paton allows the Patriots to trade above our pick, this is a FAIL for Paton....PERIOD !!

I’ll say this much, Paton is a planner, a grinder, a preparer. He has a plan, and he will execute it this weekend. The fascinating thing is we have no idea what it is. And it could be good or bad. But he isn’t going into this thing willy-nilly.

They’re being extremely tight-lipped about it. I can’t get anything from anyone. And When even Klis has to Tweet out the below garbage rather than real news, you know Paton is keeping his plans only to himself and (likely) Elway and Ellis. 

Talking to people around NFL, Paton has a few balls in the air going into today. Broncos break down this way:
50% they get a QB some how, some way.
25% they stay at 9 and take best (non-QB) available.
25% they move back, get extra pick value, take best player available. #9sports

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cutler06 said:

If Fields passes #4 and Paton allows the Patriots to trade above our pick, this is a FAIL for Paton....PERIOD !!

Oh what, you dont like the prospect of trading for a guy who throws 62+ yard dimes falling away with pressure in his face?

In Pat Shumers vertical offense? With Sutton, Hamler and Jeudy? SHEEESH

5Qjz7v.gif

Edited by AkronsWitness

Such a crazy draft season, definitely gonna be on the edge of my seat during the 9ers pick. If Goodell says "Mac Jones" I feel like things will work out the way the majority of us would like.

My worst case scenario is probably drafting Slater at 9 so I'm preparing myself for that.

• Like 1