2021 Broncos Draft Thread

broncosfan_101

Gonna take a wait and see approach before I crucify Patton. Both of our picks are extremely talented, highly intelligent players. I feel like they could have both been picked later down the board, but if those are the players you really want, then don't get cute. Just grab them. My only real concern with Williams is that he's only 212 lbs. His style of smash mouthed running won't do his health any favors once he's doing that in the big boy league. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Yeah I dont really know what is going on with the constant trade backs. They really need a OT and a LB who are capable of being contributors this season.

To be fair, there's no T who's likely helping much in Rd3 same-year.    LB, sure, it's one of the simpler positions (along with RB, and NT).  

If we need a T to help us, Rd3 draft isn't the way to get year 1 help.  Next year, sure.    Let's see how this works out before passing judgment.  It's not like Paton got marginal value on the Saints deal.

3 minutes ago, 1234567 said:

My only real concern with Williams is that he's only 212 lbs. His style of smash mouthed running won't do his health any favors once he's doing that in the big boy league. 

Saw 220 on tankathon seems to be the second biggest I think he's got wiggle and power he can do it all . I would agree lessen the hit stick at the next level.

He's got dog in him we've been craving that since Talib left. Love those kinda players.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, 1234567 said:

Gonna take a wait and see approach before I crucify Patton. Both of our picks are extremely talented, highly intelligent players. I feel like they could have both been picked later down the board, but if those are the players you really want, then don't get cute. Just grab them. My only real concern with Williams is that he's only 212 lbs. His style of smash mouthed running won't do his health any favors once he's doing that in the big boy league. 

I agree with you, but don't really share the concern with Williams. He's listed now at 5' 10" and 220 lbs. That's a solid guy. Very little wear also with only 336 carries in college. 

• Like 1

Re: Williams, he probably cut down to 212 to get better 40 times.  He was definitely bigger in the regular season.  It's kinda silly to cut weight for better 40 times for a RB, but that's shorts & T-shirt season for you.   Honestly, that's the crudest measure of RB ability.    I wouldn't get too fussed about his ability - he's legit and totally NFL-ready size-wise.

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 1

Just now, AnAngryAmerican said:

I’ll say this much. If we don’t land Aaron Rodgers on June 1, if I’m Elway, I fire Paton on June 2. 

And that my friend is why you're here with us instead of running a franchise.😏

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, AKRNA said:

I agree with you, but don't really share the concern with Williams. He's listed now at 5' 10" and 220 lbs. That's a solid guy. Very little wear also with only 336 carries in college. 

Good to know he's bulked up some. Of course, I knew another RB once upon a time that was only about 215. And for his first 4 seasons, it sure didn't seem to hinder him any lol.

• Like 1