2021 Broncos Draft Thread

broncosfan_101

15 minutes ago, germ-x said:

That’s a selection to give Risner and Cushenberry competition and put them on notice.  Risner hasn’t lived up to the selection and Cushenberry was the worst OC in football last year.

Risner just gets beat physically way too often for an IOL guy and Cushenbery, uncovered, is a disaster. 

7 minutes ago, germ-x said:

A friend of mine had a 1st round grade on Browning.  I’ve never watched him. Talent wise he’s arguably the most gifted LB in the draft from what I’ve read. 

He is, but his tape doesn't match.  His instincts aren't there yet.  Playing on the OSU D, he didn't make nearly as many plays as you'd expect.    But he's so gifted physically, you'd hope this is something Fangio can coach up.     Think of him as the polar opposite of Jewell - the tools are off the charts, whereas Jewell's physical limitations cap his ceiling.  You'd have an All-Pro if you had Jewell's in-between-ears skills and Browning's toolset.

While it's true that skills > tools, you need special tools to be an elite ILB.    If he had the skills to match the tools, he'd have gone Rd1.   So the juice is worth the squeeze here.  Hopefully Fangio can coach up the skill side.

Edited by Broncofan

1 minute ago, ClockWorkOrange said:

Baron Browning.. 331/2 arms (92%)... I think they are building length like I said before...

You may be right but it's makin' me laugh. Lots of funny scenarios I can think of. Holdin up an evaluation until you hear from the guys Tailor, stuff like that

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, germ-x said:

A friend of mine had a 1st round grade on Browning.  I’ve never watched him. Talent wise he’s arguably the most gifted LB in the draft from what I’ve read. 

Hiiiii. OSU fan here. Browning is great. I believe he was a 5* LB commit and played for a while. His biggest strength is that he is a physical freak at LB. He is like a hybrid OLB, MLB and EDGE. Another positive is that he played his best ball in the biggest games. 

Im talking the Big10 Championship, Michigan and the Playoffs--he always showed up as a playmaker on the biggest stage. Big time playmaker

Now to the negatives. He is so 'see ball get ball' and hungry to make plays, he often over runs the play or overpersues looking to knock somebody out in the backfield. He goes for the big play too often and sometimes it gets him burned.

Your never going to not know he is on the field. He jumps off the tape a lot. For good and bad. Needs to learn to process the plays better and be ahead of the play, not falling into the fake

Edited by AkronsWitness
  • Like 1