2021 Broncos Draft Thread

broncosfan_101

4 minutes ago, medisback said:

https://relativeathleticscores.com/2021/01/23/2021-draft-class-ras/

Big Board-Looking at Relative Athletic Scores at positions of potential need and best available.

OT Doyle (Miami OH) 9.9 (may be OG), Landon Young (UK) 9.18, Dan Moore (TA&M) 8.98

DE Kaindoh (FSU) 9.59, Toney (PSU) 9.47, Robinson (FSU) 9.33, Bradley-King (Baylor) 9.18

DT: Marshall (Arkansas) 9.99, Brown (TA&MU) 9.82, Togai (The OSU) 8.58, Nixon (Iowa) 8.38, D Stills (WVU) 8.16

Safety Coyle (Purdue SS) 9.83, Wiggins (Cincy FS) 9.7, Forrest (Cincy FS) 9.69, Sterns (Texas FS) 9.59

I am interested in Doyle, Toney, any of the DT and Wiggins at this point.

Came up with the idea from an article talking about how this seems to be an emphasis in our draft strategy

The Vikings are *huge* into RAS types. Should be no surprise to see us go after uber-athletes, too. If you want a good idea of what kind of player Paton is likely to target, go read anything by Vikings reporter Arif Hasan at The Athletic. One of the best in the business.

Edited by broncosfan_101
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, lomaxgrUK said:

Are there any high ceiling IDL's out there? Really want to see us get a physical freak that is 290 - 310lbs on the DL. Take a punt. We are hella short on bodies on the DL right now, and relying on 3rd day picks to contribute is a concern.

I've got the same question. I don't know the players well but I'm expecting Kolar to get some raw talent pretty quick.

3 hours ago, broncosfan_101 said:

Anyone else starting to wonder if Dalton Risner is the backup OT?  Ja’Wuan James is such a question mark at RT, and yet we seem to be in no rush to acquire any kind of backup plan. Just a guess, but I’m thinking Paton/Fangio are planning for Risner to be that. 

For freak IDL’s, you’re looking for Bobby Brown out of Texas A&M. Ran 5 flat with a 1.68 10-yard split at 320+ lbs. 34.75” arms. Doesn’t turn 21 until August. Ta’Quon Graham out of Texas is another option. 4.88 with a 1.67 split at 292 lbs. CWO has me filtering these guys by arm length which is why I think he’s a potential target, with his 35” limbs. Jonathan Marshall out of Arkansas is another phenomenal athlete, but his 32.25” arms might disqualify him.

I've been on that wagon for quite a while. Especially now after adding Meinerz.  We may also see Schlottman given a try at RT. He  was recruited from HS as an OT and has the build for it.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to the comp combinations. We've got lot's of guys that can play lot's of spots. I'd say the only guarantee is Bolles at LT.

18 minutes ago, AKRNA said:

I've got the same question. I don't know the players well but I'm expecting Kolar to get some raw talent pretty quick.

What did you guys think of that kid we drafted last year? Agim?

4 minutes ago, champ11 said:

What did you guys think of that kid we drafted last year? Agim?

He's got upside and was a really good player on a bad Arkansas team, but I think he's purely a rotational player at this stage, which isn't totally a bad thing if we have the right mix of talent on the DL.

I’d definitely think about moving up for Nixon at this stage.  The one difference maker IDL guy left.   Wonder why he’s falling. 

Stone Forsythe or one of the S worth it if Nixon goes.  

Edited by Broncofan

2 minutes ago, broncosfan_101 said:

Sterns is fine. Another good athlete.

I’m sure you’re all shocked to find out that Sterns’ had a 9.6/10 RAS. Haha

Compared to Nasirildeen’s 7.7/10. This is absolutely a thing, you guys. We’re picking athletes and trying to refine skills.

Edited by broncosfan_101