2021 Broncos Draft Thread

broncosfan_101

I don't know a ton about Sterns, likely because he's been injured the last two years, but his 2018 numbers are quite good. It' a good gamble. At worst, he's a depth guy and ST contributor. I'd be thrilled with that outcome. Anything else is icing on the cake.

1 hour ago, medisback said:

https://relativeathleticscores.com/2021/01/23/2021-draft-class-ras/

Big Board-Looking at Relative Athletic Scores at positions of potential need and best available.

OT Doyle (Miami OH) 9.9 (may be OG), Landon Young (UK) 9.18, Dan Moore (TA&M) 8.98

DE Kaindoh (FSU) 9.59, Toney (PSU) 9.47, Robinson (FSU) 9.33, Bradley-King (Baylor) 9.18

DT: Marshall (Arkansas) 9.99, Brown (TA&MU) 9.82, Togai (The OSU) 8.58, Nixon (Iowa) 8.38, D Stills (WVU) 8.16

Safety Coyle (Purdue SS) 9.83, Wiggins (Cincy FS) 9.7, Forrest (Cincy FS) 9.69, Sterns (Texas FS) 9.59

I am interested in Doyle, Toney, any of the DT and Wiggins at this point.

Came up with the idea from an article talking about how this seems to be an emphasis in our draft strategy

Good find! I'd never even heard of this before.

11 minutes ago, BowserBroncos said:

Ok, who here is George Paton and saw our results on FFMD??

LOL gotta say I’d love Nixon but you know how much I love Sterns.  Great pickup to take over for Kareem Jackson in 2022.   A+ pick.   I won’t lie I banged the drum hard in FFMD.   Bal fans weren’t happy with the missing GM that allowed that to go down LOL. 

Wouldn’t be opposed to move up for Nixon.   Or Forsythe.  

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, broncosfan_101 said:

I’m sure you’re all shocked to find out that Sterns’ had a 9.6/10 RAS. Haha

Compared to Nasirildeen’s 7.7/10. This is absolutely a thing, you guys. We’re picking athletes and trying to refine skills.

How long are his arms?😏

• Like 1

Just now, AKRNA said:

How long are his arms?😏

Per the ESPN initial analysis.... 

Sterns has above-average instincts, longer arms and outstanding top-end speed. He tracks the ball well and has solid ball skills. Sterns has average size, does an adequate job of getting off blocks and is a functional open-field tackler. -- Steve Muench

1 minute ago, medisback said:

Per the ESPN initial analysis.... 

Sterns has above-average instincts, longer arms and outstanding top-end speed. He tracks the ball well and has solid ball skills. Sterns has average size, does an adequate job of getting off blocks and is a functional open-field tackler. -- Steve Muench

@ClockWorkOrange will be mighty happy about the arm length. he might be on to something.

3 minutes ago, lomaxgrUK said:

I always like going for 5 star recruits that didn't pan out in College with day 3 picks.

Lots of things can happen to stunt production at College. Not a full proof plan, obviously, but usually they are high reward picks.

In Sterns’ case it was just injuries.  And they aren’t long term issues.  His 2018 breakout tape says his skills are NFL level.   Totally worth it at Rd5.   This is one thing Elway did really well - home run ceiling guys Day 3.  That’s one thing it’s nice to see Paton mirror in his first draft. 

Edited by Broncofan