2021 Broncos Draft Thread

broncosfan_101

Just now, Scoundrel said:

Look we have a board and we are sticking to it. BPA. Daviyon was gone otherwise that is who I would have turned the card in for. Just trust in me and trust in this process.

There has been 37 OTs drafted so far. Would have really been nice for the Broncos to address that given the fact James doesn't want to play football.

1 minute ago, AkronsWitness said:

Seems like we have a lot more holes to fill on the OL than drafting our 5th safety and/or 6th CB.

Bolles, James, Risner, Glasgow, Cush, Muti, Meinerz, Schlottmann is 8 all-but guaranteed roster spots already. Trey Marshall was 3rd on the S chart, and who knows if he’s anything. Filling up that depth was more important, IMO. 

• Like 1

Just now, AkronsWitness said:

There has been 37 OTs drafted so far. Would have really been nice for the Broncos to address that given the fact James doesn't want to play football.

Look. We have plans to sign Eric Fisher okay. Let’s chill.

1 minute ago, AKRNA said:

Simmons, Jackson and PJ Locke were the only safeties on the roster prior to today. Good call.

Sterns and Johnson will be competing all year and through camp/preseason next year to be the guy who replaces Kareem.

Sterns is an elite athlete. Johnson has elite ball skills. Both need to tackle better but lots of upside. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, broncosfan_101 said:

Bolles, James, Risner, Glasgow, Cush, Muti, Meinerz, Schlottmann is 8 all-but guaranteed roster spots already. Trey Marshall was 3rd on the S chart, and who knows if he’s anything. Filling up that depth was more important, IMO. 

Don't forget Anderson. He played pretty well in his few appearances last year.

• Like 2

Last year when we were struck hard by injuries on the DL I kept having to check the Bronco's roster to find out who which PS guys were playing. I remember them, mostly Harris and Williams actually playing pretty well.

Could be, with everyone healthy, Kolar is quite satisfied with his group. 

7 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

So it looks like Johnson was in part a “character” drop.

In a vacuum, those two things don’t concern me. College freshman busted on campus for weed.

Oh no! A football player threw a punch. An 18 yo kid was stupid enough to run from cops. 

What's this world coming to?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AKRNA said:

Oh no! A football player threw a punch. An 18 yo kid was stupid enough to run from cops. 

What's this world coming to?

Yeah, if those are the “red flags” responsible for a massive drop, smart teams will be happy to take advantage.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

Yeah, if those are the “red flags” responsible for a massive drop, smart teams will be happy to take advantage.

Sometimes this stuff cracks me up. I was a pretty good kid but did far worse in my youth. 

if you set the standards that high then you couldn't field a professional team in any sport.

33 minutes ago, AKRNA said:

Last year when we were struck hard by injuries on the DL I kept having to check the Bronco's roster to find out who which PS guys were playing. I remember them, mostly Harris and Williams actually playing pretty well.

Could be, with everyone healthy, Kolar is quite satisfied with his group. 

Harris, Dre’Mont, and Purcell absolutely must stay healthy this year. Stephen and Agim as the rotation guys don’t fill me with confidence.