2021 Broncos Draft Thread

broncosfan_101

12 minutes ago, broncosfan_101 said:

Harris, Dre’Mont, and Purcell absolutely must stay healthy this year. Stephen and Agim as the rotation guys don’t fill me with confidence.

Don't count out #90, Williams. When I was watching replays last year his number showed up a lot. Oh, the Harris I was referring to wasn't Shelby but Johnathan, #92. He, like Williams played pretty well when called on.

I had to keep looking at the roster to find out who 90 and 92 were. They were in on a lot of plays.

10 minutes ago, AKRNA said:

Don't count out #90, Williams. When I was watching replays last year his number showed up a lot. Oh, the Harris I was referring to wasn't Shelby but Johnathan, #92. He, like Williams played pretty well when called on.

I had to keep looking at the roster to find out who 90 and 92 were. They were in on a lot of plays.

Big fan of DeShawn. Just solid. Can play all three spots.

24 minutes ago, Cutler06 said:

Was kinda bummed we didn't try to trade up for Nixon, he was a beast at Iowa. Three 7th rders aren't gonna make this team so my not move up ??

When the strategy is to pick plus athletes on day three, you’re gonna miss more often than taking safe players who you know can fill out the bottom 10% of your roster. Pretty sure Paton has said that the way to help your odds of hitting a bullseye is just to have more darts. 

• Like 1

How are they finding these guys this late in the draft?

In the NFL, he will be a red zone nightmare for defenses in slant, fades, 50/50 balls, and back-shoulder situations. He will have no problems excelling on special teams if needed. 

Looking around at division rival drafts, feels like we are miles ahead. LVR picked 3 safeties, was their secondary that bad ?? KC has solidified their OLine through traded and adding Humphries whose a heckuva Center IMO but can't say I know a lot about the rest of the players. LAC though is having a strong draft, Slater alone is gonna make it tough on us, as someone stated, he has perennial Pro Bowl written on him, Rumph and Roundtree are late rd picks I had on my radar but still I'll take our entire draft over theirs.

47 minutes ago, broncosfan_101 said:

When the strategy is to pick plus athletes on day three, you’re gonna miss more often than taking safe players who you know can fill out the bottom 10% of your roster. Pretty sure Paton has said that the way to help your odds of hitting a bullseye is just to have more darts. 

Granted, but utilizing those lower picks for more potential (Nixon had a helluva 2020 season, surprised he lasted that low) make more sense that adding 1 more dart for a long-shot IMO

8 minutes ago, Cutler06 said:

William pick is reminiscent of the WR Cleveland pick last year, say goodbye to Hamilton IMO. 

I have no idea how Sutton, Jeudy, Hamler, Patrick, Hamilton, Cleveland and now Williams fit on a roster.

Some of them have to go. Probably Patrick and Hamilton after this year.

Still weird to see the Broncos invest draft capital in a WR4-WR7 over a OT.