2021 Broncos Draft Thread

broncosfan_101

1 minute ago, BroncoBruin said:

A 6’4” 300 pound defensive tackle who runs a 4.8 from a Mississippi State program that has been a factory for defensive players recently.

Yeah I’ll take that dart throw at 253.

Yep a 9.06 RAS

6 minutes ago, anewdawn said:

Great pick.  A 7th rounder replaces our hall of famer.  I can buy that............

I mean Shaq Barrett was undrafted  and look at what he has done for Tampa... anything is possible even if unlikely.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, medisback said:

Anyone know anything about our last DE pick?

Agile big guy with some juice. Needs to develop his rush moves. But as BroncoBruin said he comes from a very good defensive scheme/coaching. Experienced playing in a 3-4 front. 

4 minutes ago, Cutler06 said:

After he leaves the Broncos obviously 🙄 Von is 32yo already, he's not gonna last forever.

I read your original post and took it to mean he will be as good as Von.  I take it you are saying you hope he becomes a starter.  That I can buy into but getting another Von in round 7 well I hope you are not suggesting that.  Sorry if I misinterpreted your original post. 

5 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

I mean Shaq Barrett was undrafted  and look at what he has done for Tampa... anything is possible even if unlikely.

It's like being drilled in court by an attorney.............."well isn't it possible that".............yeah sure virtually anything is possible and it would be oh so nice.  Is it probable - we'll have to wait and see 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, anewdawn said:

It's like being drilled in court by an attorney.............."well isn't it possible that".............yeah sure virtually anything is possible and it would be oh so nice.  Is it probable - we'll have to wait and see 

It’s not probable. But hope is not measured by mere mortal apparatuses. 

• Like 1

Relative athletic scores of our draft picks in percentiles:

Baron Browning: 99.8%
Quinn Meinerz: 99.8%
Patrick Surtain: 99.6%
Caden Sterns: 95.9%
Marquiss Spencer: 90.7% 
Javonte Williams: 87.9%
Jonathon Cooper: 76.1%
Seth Williams: 68.8%
Jamar Johnson: 62.2%
Kary Vincent Jr: 48.8%

And it's really Vincent being undersized here that hurts his grade because there's no "nickel" category. 

Edited by BroncoBruin

20 minutes ago, anewdawn said:

I read your original post and took it to mean he will be as good as Von.  I take it you are saying you hope he becomes a starter.  That I can buy into but getting another Von in round 7 well I hope you are not suggesting that.  Sorry if I misinterpreted your original post. 

Well, I never said or implied he would be as good a player as Von, stupid to even think that. I just heard he could become a replacement when Von's time is up. Nobody know when Von is gonna leave, whether in retirement or ?? but if Cooper can learn some skills, I'd be all over that.

1 minute ago, BroncoBruin said:

Relative athletic scores of our draft picks in percentiles:

Baron Browning: 99.8% percentile
Quinn Meinerz: 99.8% percentile
Patrick Surtain: 99.6% percentile
Caden Sterns: 95.9% percentile
Marquiss Spencer: 90.7% percentile
Javonte Williams: 87.9% percentile
Jonathon Cooper: 76.1% percentile
Seth Williams: 68.8% percentile
Jamar Johnson: 62.2% percentile
Kary Vincent Jr: 48.8% percentile

And it's really Vincent being undersized here that hurts his grade because there's no "nickel" category. 

Spencer is pretty high on that list, can't say I've ever heard much about him so color me surprised.

1 hour ago, Cutler06 said:

Kary Jr and Cooper feel like steals to me, heard Coopers name mentioned as a possible replacement for Von. 

Cooper is a veteran (in college regards). Big piece to the OSU puzzle coming back. He was supposed to take that leap after his Soph. Season but got injured and knocked back down.

He is THE leader of Ohio St. last year and overall team captain. 

Plays with his hair on fire at times (big game player like Barron) but is always seeming to work back from something.

If anything, he fits the bill as a tough, smart, accountable leader much like Dre'mont Jones years earlier. In fact, he plays similar to Dre, just the DE version. Only real big knock on him is that he always has potential to break out but injuries always seem to be in the way

If you like Dre'mont Jones, you will like Jonathan Cooper.

Edited by AkronsWitness
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

A 6’4” 300 pound defensive tackle who runs a 4.8 from a Mississippi State program that has been a factory for defensive players recently.

Yeah I’ll take that dart throw at 253.

Potential is there, no doubt but it'll be interesting to watch who's better Nixon or Spencer. I guess you DO have to factor in Jamar's production into that as well, but I believe Nixon will be a steal, hope Spencer is as well. 

3 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

He should be even higher but he was sick during his pro day and basically mailed it in on his bench press.

Just curious, as I really know nothing about him, had he been healthy for his Pro Day, where do you think he'd have gone ?

26 minutes ago, Cutler06 said:

Just curious, as I really know nothing about him, had he been healthy for his Pro Day, where do you think he'd have gone ?

I wouldn’t think it makes much difference because he still crushed most of his drills.