What Would You Do? 2021 Draft Edition

broncosfan_101

One of my favorite games of the year 

1.9: I went to bed before the Chicago trade to 11. I would have taken that. I really like fields but want to give lock 1 more year while stockpiling for next year. So 9 for 20 + 164 + 2022 1st and 4th

1.20 Caleb Farley, CB, VT - neck and neck with PS2 prior to his microdiscectomy. He should recover fine from the surgery and play for a decade. it’s his 45yo body that will be wrecked. 

2.35 Javonte Williams. Love the player. Don’t mind the trade 

Edited by broncos_fan _from _uk

On 4/28/2021 at 10:15 PM, broncosfan_101 said:

You know the drill. Make the picks in real time so we can go back years from now and laugh at ourselves. 

Can we take the deal that was made 2 picks later?  If so happy to see that experiment through... if not:

1.9 Justin Fields.  

(If the pick was part of an A-Rod deal that’s cool too but since we don’t know). 

Edited by Broncofan

14 hours ago, Broncofan said:

Can we take the deal that was made 2 picks later?  If so happy to see that experiment through... if not:

1.9 Justin Fields.  

(If the pick was part of an A-Rod deal that’s cool too but since we don’t know). 

I'd say its ok to take the Chicago trade. I'm sure they would have made the same deal with us. Point is, if you were GM, what would you have done. 

• Like 1

On 4/30/2021 at 1:11 PM, grizmo78 said:

I'd say its ok to take the Chicago trade. I'm sure they would have made the same deal with us. Point is, if you were GM, what would you have done. 

Well I'm totally good with Fields at 1.9, but since I've been the one talking about how strong a move it would be to let us secure our QBOTF later this year or next offseason, let's go down that path.

DEN trades back with CHI for 1.20, 5.165, and 2022 1st/4th (same offer NYG accepted for 1.11)

1.20 - ILB JOK

Accept the trade up offer, although I really do think we'd have still gotten him at 2.40, but I get that's not allowed.

2.35 - RB Javonte Williams (no change)

Accept trade back for 3.98, 3.105, 5.164 & 6.219 from CHI & NO

3.98 - G Quinn Meinerz (no change)

3.105 - DL Daviyon Nixon  (can't take Browning with JOK Rd1, go with highest ceiling disruptor)

5.152 - S Caden Sterns (no change)

5.164 (Chicago) - T Stone Forsythe

6.219 (Atlanta) - CB Thomas Graham

7.237 (NYG) - S James Wiggins

7.253 (Cleveland) - CB Trill Williams

2022 1st (CHI), 2022 4th (CHI) in the bank, obviously Surtain is a dog, but JOK and those 2 picks I'll take every day so we're in the driver's seat next offseason for QB.    JOK at ILB, Graham/Williams are fine developmental CB's, same with Forsythe at T.   Like the 2-safety concept in this passing league to join Simmons - but Wiggins is a high-ceiling guy that @Scoundrel loves as much as I love Sterns (love both obv).    Pretty confident the last 3, if not 4 guys could make it to the PS, too.

RB addressed, ILB addressed, future CB/S/T addressed, and a nice interior DL disruptor as well.  Most importantly, premium 2022 draft capital to address QB once and for all.  I'd have no problem with Fields at 1.9, and if Surtain is part of an A-Rod package, all good.  But the trade-back with CHI scenario works pretty well IMO.

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 2