Pick 1 (10th OVR)- DeVonta Smith, WR

Kiltman

We all know who I wanted.... HOWEVER I hope DeVonta Smith is the best WR in this draft. Every time kid scores a TD this season I will gladly post "Boy was I wrong. This kid is legit! And to think... I wanted that loser the cowgirls took at #12?!?!?" 

0231ce01bd7fce51b82d143924cb3cfd.gif

Me/ Trying to be happy. 

Go Birds

MC

47 minutes ago, Mastercheddaar said:

We all know who I wanted.... HOWEVER I hope DeVonta Smith is the best WR in this draft. Every time kid scores a TD this season I will gladly post "Boy was I wrong. This kid is legit! And to think... I wanted that loser the cowgirls took at #12?!?!?" 

0231ce01bd7fce51b82d143924cb3cfd.gif

Me/ Trying to be happy. 

Go Birds

MC

Still a few good LB's left. JOK, McGrone, Werner, Moses. Zero WR1's left remaining.

21 hours ago, Art_Vandalay said:

Okay guys, I admittedly don't watch a whole lot of college football. I understand the dude racked up crazy stats and won the Heisman. So, I'm going strictly off youtube highlights here. It appears to me that 80% of the balls he caught were absurdly wide open and/or screens with great blocking. What plays are jumping out that make you say "OMG this kid is different"? Because I'm not seeing it.

So from the 3 games I watched from him, he gets himself open with superb route running. He has a quick release off the LOS and was legit abusing corners from the beginning of the routes. Like the legendary Jerry Rice, it’s said that he had a “slow 40”, but for some reason he has just enough speed to break away from even the fastest corners. He has MAGNIFICENT hands and makes body control adjustments which turns him into a really dangerous 50/50 ball type guy. So if he is underthrown he will make the adjustments. I am a Vikings fan, but I’m born and raised in southwest philly. Live in Philly right now, I legit sat at that draft and prayed y’all would get this kid so you can finally have a dangerous weapon at receiver. You’ll see what he can do and you will not be disappointed.

• Like 2

On 4/29/2021 at 9:40 PM, Danger said:

Great player, but he needs to hit the gym.

I’m good with him bulking up to 171 or 172. He doesn’t “NEED” to hit the gym to produce. You ever watched Marvin Harrison? Had a legit argument as the best receiver in the entire nfl and he was only 170

2 hours ago, Illadelegend215 said:

I’m good with him bulking up to 171 or 172. He doesn’t “NEED” to hit the gym to produce. You ever watched Marvin Harrison? Had a legit argument as the best receiver in the entire nfl and he was only 170

Google says his playing weight was 185.

1 minute ago, SteelKing728 said:

I called it!😎

Congrats guys. You deserve a good receiver.

I still think Raegor can be a fine starter. He's a clear #2 though.

I like Travis Fulgham too. What happened to him?

Alshon Jeffrey got healthy and  Dougie cut his snaps drastically. There were reports that he got frustrated and it hurt his play too which is obviously a bad sign. More than likely he is a role player who had an incredible month, but I think he is worth giving snaps to still.

34 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Over/Under
775 receiving yards as a rook?
5.5 Td's?

Over on both

Not going to predict a crazy season, because it’s so dependent on Hurts.

But he’s so good already at routes and making his own space. He also has eyes downfield after the catch, so you’re going to get all the YAC. You add that to them purposely making stuff for him and I’d feel pretty good about taking the overs.

1 hour ago, ninjapirate said:

over on both

~80 catches

~1200 yards

~7 tuddies

Realized too we have a whole other game this year. So yeah a comfy over.

Question is can we get him to 83 yards a game. That’d break the rookie record. For context, a 100 yards per game all year would be top 9 all time now.

Big ask from Hurts rn, but that’d be amazing if he followed up winning the Heisman over everyone as a WR to getting OROTY over Lawrence and Co.

As long as he looks good I’m happy. Will be great to have.