Pick 1 (10th OVR)- DeVonta Smith, WR

Kiltman

Smith will be a punching bag if injured the majority of his Rookie year too. The real reason Reagor was so unproductive. 

Assuming Smith can somehow ball out we potentially have another Desean, Maclin, Shady Trio in place.

Really isn't any reason other then injuries Hurts shouldn't thrive.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Jeezla said:

Do you guys think he goes for a TD in week 1?

Falcons CB's: 
AJ Terrell
Isaiah Oliver
Kendall Sheffield
Fabian Moreau

Touchdowns are hard to predict, but I'll say yes.

One of the worst secondaries on paper going into 2021 though. Obviously some of those young guys can step up, but yeah.

PFF ranks them dead last right now.

32. ATLANTA FALCONS

Four safeties played at least 200 snaps for the Falcons last season — Keanu Neal, Ricardo Allen, Sharrod Neasmann and Damontae Kazee. None of them are still with Atlanta. Veteran free agents Erik Harris and Duron Harmon, along with recent draft selections Jaylinn Hawkins and Richie Grant, will form a new-look safety unit in 2021. 

The Falcons will need better play out of their young cornerbacks, as well. None of A.J. Terrell, Isaiah Oliver and Kendall Sheffield have recorded a coverage grade higher than 60.0 in the past two seasons. 

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-ranking-32-nfl-secondaries-entering-2021-season

It's more important Reagor gets off to a good start to me though. Give me a reason to be optimistic about the faith I put in him. 

If our young receivers struggle early on that isn't a good sign cause besides the Falcons (32nd) there is also the 49ers (20th), Cowboys (31st), Chiefs (18th), Panthers (23rd), Raiders (29th), and Lions (30th). The only team the first 8 weeks with a really good secondary on paper right now is the Bucs (8th).

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

On 6/12/2021 at 8:20 PM, TheRealMcCoy said:

Touchdowns are hard to predict, but I'll say yes.

One of the worst secondaries on paper going into 2021 though. Obviously some of those young guys can step up, but yeah.

PFF ranks them dead last right now.

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-ranking-32-nfl-secondaries-entering-2021-season

It's more important Reagor gets off to a good start to me though. Give me a reason to be optimistic about the faith I put in him. 

If our young receivers struggle early on that isn't a good sign cause besides the Falcons (32nd) there is also the 49ers (20th), Cowboys (31st), Chiefs (18th), Panthers (23rd), Raiders (29th), and Lions (30th). The only team the first 8 weeks with a really good secondary on paper right now is the Bucs (8th).

The thing not helping that secondary also is the lack of pass rush. 

On 5/12/2021 at 1:38 AM, Nabbs4u said:

Smith will be a punching bag if injured the majority of his Rookie year too. The real reason Reagor was so unproductive. 

Assuming Smith can somehow ball out we potentially have another Desean, Maclin, Shady Trio in place.

Really isn't any reason other then injuries Hurts shouldn't thrive.

Somebody finally has the gall to say it. A LOT of supposedly knowledgeable football fans said Reagor wasn’t good, but fail to mention he was injured and had covid a majority of the season. He will def show the league his worth if healthy next season. Regardless tho, I believe devonta will be a top 2 receiver in the nfl by the time he reaches year 4. I think he is that exceptional. 

I mean there are arguably 4 reasons why Reagor disappointed.

1. Doug and his staff were utterly inept when it came to player development.
2. Carson/Jalen and the scheme they were operating under from Doug was complete garbage.
3. He was playing at too high of a weight.
4. And probably less so, his thumb injury.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Danger said:

2. Carson/Jalen and the scheme they were operating under from Doug was complete garbage.

5. Eagles fans trolling/being abusive to him on social media getting to him mentally.

6. Probably the most important one… he wasn’t a polished receiver coming out and really needed a full offseason (probably more than one) which he didn’t get due to the pandemic which caused their to be no rookie minicamp, OTAs and a shortened training camp which he missed a lot of due to the shoulder injury.

This last one kind of ties into #1 a little bit, but hard to blame Moorehead who was in his first season as WR coach and didn’t get to work with all these young receivers including Reagor much in person until camp which like I said he missed a good chunk of with the shoulder. Then he came back and was hurt with the fluke finger which took off almost a third of the season that Moorehead could’ve had him for practices. Hopefully Moorehead in his second season with an actual offseason can get some more development out of last years rookies. Not too concerned with Smith since he’s already pretty polished coming in.

On 6/18/2021 at 7:09 PM, Danger said:

you forgot #5, he just didn't play well in general.

I think he can turn it around tho. If I read about him needing therapists like Agholor, I'll prob lose hope, but until then I think he has the athleticism and ability to be at least a solid #2, like Kevin Curtis when he was here. And I don't need him to be Kevin Curtis/Maclin this year, but he needs to at least start trending in that direction.

Edited by Jeezla

13 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

you forgot #5, he just didn't play well in general.

I think he can turn it around tho. If I read about him needing therapists like Agholor, I'll prob lose hope, but until then I think he has the athleticism and ability to be at least a solid #2, like Kevin Curtis when he was here. And I don't need him to be Kevin Curtis/Maclin this year, but he needs to at least start trending in that direction.

Yes, let´s not forget about that and it should be the main reason anyway. 

And #6 he doesn´t seem to have the best attitude. 

Edited by Broadway Joe

2 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

Yes, let´s not forget about that and it should be the main reason anyway. 

And #6 he doesn´t seem to have the best attitude. 

I forgot, why does Reagor have a presumably bad attitude? Wasn't it something like he didn't want to do an interview?

Edited by Jeezla

Just now, Jeezla said:

I forgot, why does Reagor have a presumably bad attitude? Wasn't it something like he didn't want to do an interview?

It very well may be Philly media being petty as they usually are with players/coaches that don´t bow to them. But supposedly he didn´t have a good attitude to improve and something to do about twitting in the locker room after going out with an injury. 

Don´t remember so well, remember hearing it on BGNR or ITB pods. 

10 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

It very well may be Philly media being petty as they usually are with players/coaches that don´t bow to them. But supposedly he didn´t have a good attitude to improve and something to do about twitting in the locker room after going out with an injury. 

Don´t remember so well, remember hearing it on BGNR or ITB pods. 

Yea, I'm not ready to label his attitude anything. He was like 21, and at an emotional low. And these reporters sometimes asks questions like they were former all pros who could do the athletes job better.

Edited by Jeezla

You guys acting like you know the guy, and just not playing well can be attributed to the facts listed above by me as well as the ones by TheRealMcCoy. It was the perfect storm of **** for a player who wasn't ever considered incredibly "Pro Ready"

But by all means keep considering him a bust after a rookie year with everything going against him possible.