Pick 2 (37 OVR) - Landon Dickerson, Alabama OL

Kiltman

Just now, Kiltman said:

Foles is a great one to just use within a display, Worth it for the win.

Nah that's boring. I like to wear it. 

https://www.fanaticsauthentic.com/nhl-authentic/nick-foles-and-trey-burton-philadelphia-eagles-deluxe-framed-dual-signed-16-x-20-super-bowl-lii-champions-philly-special-photograph/o-2473+p-8166491824832+z-7-3185161909

I have this for that purpose.

6 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

I really hope they bring them back and get on nike to bring back metallics. Get silver back too.
Would look amazing nowadays.

That would be cool. Didn't you do a photoshop with Eagles jerseys with some silver in them? I could be wrong.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

That would be cool. Didn't you do a photoshop with Eagles jerseys with some silver in them? I could be wrong.

Yeah like awhile ago ha, think we still had Vick when I tried that.

I love this kid lol. The more I hear or read, he’s becoming an early favorite. Him doing cartwheels ala Chris Farley, so damn funny. And he’s an absolute unit. He’s like Brandon Brooks thick. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jeezla said:

He had acl surgery like 6 months ago. Probably not til November.

Didn't he tear it in December? Regardless, I don't think it'll take until November for him to be ready. I bet he's ready by week 1. TC might be a stretch but I wouldn't put it past him.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Didn't he tear it in December? Regardless, I don't think it'll take until November for him to be ready. I bet he's ready by week 1. TC might be a stretch but I wouldn't put it past him.

Not until November? What is this  2006? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, EagleBlueDon said:

That or the original poster being the pessimist they always are. November is a ridiculous timeline for the injury. Totally unfounded.

I’d say October/Week 5 is a safe assumption if they are slow playing him a bit, but given how Landon seems to be I think he’ll probably be suited up week 1. Not necessarily a starter but ready to play.

The lone caveat I’d say is he’s been like training at his own makeshift gym. Now I could’ve and probably  just missed seeing him going to extensive PT, but hard to say he’ll be as far along as you’d normally expect if he’s doing a lot of it on his own. (If that is indeed the case)

1 minute ago, Kiltman said:

I’d say October/Week 5 is a safe assumption if they are slow playing him a bit, but given how Landon seems to be I think he’ll probably be suited up week 1. Not necessarily a starter but ready to play.

The lone caveat I’d say is he’s been like training at his own makeshift gym. Now I could’ve and probably  just missed seeing him going to extensive PT, but hard to say he’ll be as far along as you’d normally expect if he’s doing a lot of it on his own. (If that is indeed the case)

Lol I just see zero possible way he's not in PT. A lot of the stuff you can do at home though. Home exercise is a large part of PT.

3 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Lol I just see zero possible way he's not in PT. A lot of the stuff you can do at home though. Home exercise is a large part of PT.

I’m sure he’s doing it. But just curious how much is at home and how much is in the Bama facility with a whole staff there, you know?

Fact that they drafted him that high probably tells you all we need to know on his treatment and how they see his progress. It’s an unknown on our end. I’m sure they’ll give an updated timetable for him whenever they do OTAs / rookie camp...if they have them.

I'd rather them take it slow with a rookie coming off his second ACL injury than rush him back and risk another injury. If he is clear to play, he will play. If not he should sit. We don't need him this season.

I do expect him to play and start this season.

7 hours ago, Kiltman said:

I’m sure he’s doing it. But just curious how much is at home and how much is in the Bama facility with a whole staff there, you know?

Fact that they drafted him that high probably tells you all we need to know on his treatment and how they see his progress. It’s an unknown on our end. I’m sure they’ll give an updated timetable for him whenever they do OTAs / rookie camp...if they have them.

5 months out of surgery it's probably pretty advanced and aggressive stuff by now. They probably cleared him to do some specific strengthening and stretching exercises at home. Home exercise is every day for our patients. I work at a sports medicine physical therapy facility and I could see him being there three times a week. 5 months out of surgery, he's probably doing some return to sport type of stuff at the facility. Explosive type stuff, firing out of stance, etc.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

5 months out of surgery it's probably pretty advanced and aggressive stuff by now. They probably cleared him to do some specific strengthening and stretching exercises at home. Home exercise is every day for our patients. I work at a sports medicine physical therapy facility and I could see him being there three times a week. 5 months out of surgery, he's probably doing some return to sport type of stuff at the facility. Explosive type stuff, firing out of stance, etc.

I'll differ to you on timetables a bit then ha.

My point was if he'd normally be there 3 times, with the huge expensive sports facilities Bama has...being monitored and coached by a group of people.
Losing even one of those days could slightly hold back things or possibly even hurt. As in he's putting stresses on other parts of his body to make things easier on the knee like a lot of Eagles players seemingly have the last few years. 

Landon seems like a dedicated dude, not really worried about him. And like you said...this isn't as big of a deal. Especially for him as a IOLinemen.