Pick 3 (73 OVR) Milton Williams DT

75. Dallas Cowboys: Osawaru Odigihizuwa, DT, UCLA

Pauline’s Ranking: #123 (DT09) | Scouting Report

Pauline: After losing out on Milton Williams by two spots, the Cowboys take Osawaru Odighizuwa. The UCLA product is quick, explosive, and mobile and was tough to stop during Senior Bowl practice.

3 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Yeah I heard from Cowboys guys that they liked Williams, so wouldn't surprise me if we took their guy and they pivoted.

You love to see it

• Like 1

Watch how Fran talks about Milton around the 1 to 2 minute mark before Ross Tucker jumps in right after and says how Fran is lying about his love for Williams cause he asked him 15 mins before who he wanted and well I'll just let you watch.w

Also, I didn't really see him play in live games, so when I saw clips of him on twitter throughout the draft process I just figured he played at the 284 lbs which is what he was listed at as a draft prospect cause that's the weight he was at when he tested at when he put up some of the freakiest athletic testing numbers ever recorded for a DT, but nope... apparently according to Fran he played at like 260 which might explain why he got pushed around on the inside at times by double teams. 

They also kind of touched on that we don't really know too much about what we'll be doing schematically on defense and Spadaro said that's by design they are kind of playing a cat and mouse game with that. And, Fran compared him before that part to Malik Jackson and how during his NFL career he could bounce all across the line and thinks Williams can do a bit of that too like play at the 3T but also be able to play the 5T as well in a 3-4 front. His arms are kind of short-ish for a 5T, but he has powerful hands. 

4 hours ago, nlesthought said:

Perhaps they’re bringing in a free agent like Malik Hooker for that nickel safety or a corner opposite 24. Idk 

It'll be opposite 2 now since Slay changed his number. Which is a downgrade in my opinion lol. I think we'll go hard after Nelson.

55 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

**** Tom Donahoe. All my homies hate Tom Donahoe.

I would expect Donahoe to not be on the scouting staff next year. Glad to see the coaches pumped up to get this kid though, high hopes for him.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

I would expect Donahoe to not be on the scouting staff next year. Glad to see the coaches pumped up to get this kid though, high hopes for him.

He's a senior guy, so yeah he could retire at some point.
Are you saying that as a "he should leave/be fired" thing?  I don't think it's that big of a deal.

• Like 1
Just now, Kiltman said:

He's a senior guy, so yeah he could retire at some point.
Are you saying that as a "he should leave/be fired" thing?  I don't think it's that big of a deal.

Its just bad optics which the Eagles have in droves. He also pretty clearly isn't in line with the rest of the room which is just not a good thing ever.

• Like 1