Rhodes Receiving Reward for Restricting Receivers (Official: 5 year, $70M extension)

SemperFeist

9 hours ago, Klomp said:

If my brain is doing math correctly that should be almost all of his guaranteed money. So we have him locked up but also if he starts to drop off later, then we can let him go without as much of a hit anyways.

This is great news.  Rhodes is an excellent corner.  I think, and hope, that he and Waynes (as he continues to grow) will be the best tandem in the NFL for some years!!

6 hours ago, Virginia Viking said:

This is great news.  Rhodes is an excellent corner.  I think, and hope, that he and Waynes (as he continues to grow) will be the best tandem in the NFL for some years!!

Not only will Rhodes and Wayne make an awesome tandem, I believe Mack will bolster our defensive backfield. He has the tenacity and edge you like in a nickel CB. Also, has the benefit of learning under Zim and Newman. 

24 minutes ago, TENINCH said:

I love how Rhodes explained how much he's learned from Newman. Aside from being a great player he's been an outstanding mentor. One of the better FA signings the Vikings have had.

After retirement, Newman should be immediately brought onto the coaching staff. 

Just now, marshpit23 said:

After retirement, Newman should be immediately brought onto the coaching staff. 

I have to believe that the Vikings will have competition for Newman's services!

2 hours ago, Virginia Viking said:

I have to believe that the Vikings will have competition for Newman's services!

Newman has followed Zimmer where ever he's coached. If he's following Zimmer as a player, it's hard to see Newman coaching under anyone else, as long as Zimmer is coaching.

Archived