Pick 6 (224 OVR) JaCoby Stevens, LB/S, LSU

Kiltman

4 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I legit didn't expect him to test like this. Probably avoided doing the agilities for a reason though.

This one has his scorer lower cause it dropped his 40 and splits, but Kent got his 40 wrong. It was 4.58 rather than 4.62, but still not fast obviously.

5 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

I thought this might be the case.

He was listed at 230 at LSU, but came in at 212 lbs for the pro day which was probably to prove that he's athletic enough to play safety. I would guess to start he's gonna be a special teams guy and hopefully build up his body and he's a dime backer. 

SUMMARY: A three-year starter at LSU, Stevens was the free safety in former defensive coordinator Bo Pelini’s scheme, previously lining up at outside linebacker,
box safety and dime back. As the team’s undisputed leader as a senior, he was awarded the No. 7 jersey and led the team in tackles in 2020, but his effort and
attitude were sporadic. He runs the alley with conviction and loves to thump, although he needs to improve his downhill discipline and eliminate the missed plays. He
has adequate ball skills in coverage, but the deeper he plays, the more ineffective he becomes. Overall, Stevens is a linebacker in the body of a safety and often the toughest player on the field, but he is a complicated study because of his tweener skills and uneven play. He projects as a box player and special-teamer.

GRADE: 6th-7th Round

This was how Dane summed him up.