Pick 7 (234 OVR) Patrick Johnson, LB/Edge Tulane

Kiltman

1 minute ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Yep. They listed him at LB. Interesting.

Interesting. Yeah I guess between him and Avery they could be going for that sort of Joker/rush SAM as a piece of the D. Minnesota brings backers across the LOS a lot.

5 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Interesting. Yeah I guess between him and Avery they could be going for that sort of Joker/rush SAM as a piece of the D. Minnesota brings backers across the LOS a lot.

That makes sense. Our LBs still gonna be pretty meh to bad.

Watched some tape cause saw lots of people liked this kid. Seems to have a nice toolkit for getting after the passer. Don't think his game transfers well to a 4-3 DE as he did all his work standing up in college. I'd be shocked if they don't use him as a SAM/Joker LB that others have brought up. Probably won't be a 3 down player in the NFL unless he seriously develops but could see him becoming a nice package player that can have an impact in spurts.

16 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Watched some tape cause saw lots of people liked this kid. Seems to have a nice toolkit for getting after the passer. Don't think his game transfers well to a 4-3 DE as he did all his work standing up in college. I'd be shocked if they don't use him as a SAM/Joker LB that others have brought up. Probably won't be a 3 down player in the NFL unless he seriously develops but could see him becoming a nice package player that can have an impact in spurts.

I’d like to figure out exactly how the Vikings use Barr. Because I assume that’s sort of what it’ll be but as like a sub package player to add pressure.