UDFAs

Kiltman

1 minute ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

True, but if yall would stop being negadelphians it would be easier to not jump to the easy conclusion.

Just because we disagree doesn't mean I'm negative. Because I don't like something you like doesn't mean I'm negative. 

I have never said that a player sucked, that would be a negative reaction. I have said that I like the player but don't like the fit/pick, that's not negative. 

I'm sorry if I'm not a cheerleader for a team that hasn't been able to draft in almost a decade. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

Just because we disagree doesn't mean I'm negative. Because I don't like something you like doesn't mean I'm negative. 

I have never said that a player sucked, that would be a negative reaction. I have said that I like the player but don't like the fit/pick, that's not negative. 

I'm sorry if I'm not a cheerleader for a team that hasn't been able to draft in almost a decade. 

I know I've been a little on the feisty side lately, but c'mon man you know the tone with Eagles fans has been negative throughout the regular season, into the offseason and leading up and going into the draft. It's 100x worse and more toxic on Twitter than here, but I still get the same vibe here too a lot of the time. 

Don't get me wrong I get the reason to be negative. I've been critical plenty of the front office and coaching. You don't remember me going on a rant after how we handled Lane Johnson's injury last year? I had to be one of the first ones getting mad at his restructures and kicking the can down the road. I've criticized plenty of picks. I was vehemently against Barnett. I don't really think any of us trust Howie like that since the past year or two. He peaked with Douglas during that 2017 offseason. But, at the end of the day we are where we are at now.. We are no longer a contender. I think we should be focusing on more than just Howie and what went wrong or might go wrong, but what he can do to get back to what got us to being a contender and looking forward to how we can do better than always focusing on what went wrong or what might go wrong. Focusing on those types of things is easy and repetitive and usually unproductive. 

I'm not saying everyone has to be a fan of every pick, but like they say about scouting prospects. Focus more on what the prospect CAN do and not what they can't. Figure out how to best utilize them and put them in advantageous situations. I think that's how you should look at talking about the team in general too. It creates for better discussion and I just think we as fans can do better. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Folesadelphia said:

Our UDFAs this far:

Trevor Grimes WR Florida

Jack Stroll TE Nebraska

Harry Crider C Indiana

Jamie Newman QB Wake Forest 

Jaquan Bailey DE Iowa St.

Jhamon Ausbon WR Texas A&M

I actually liked Crider as a C prospect. He has potential to be a serviceable starter.
We needed a 3rd QB, so Newman makes a ton of sense.
Grimes might be able to catch on as a 4th wr. I hope he's a Hightower replacement, and not a Quez replacement, if he replaces anybody.

11 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I know I've been a little on the feisty side lately, but c'mon man you know the tone with Eagles fans has been negative throughout the regular season, into the offseason and leading up and going into the draft. It's 100x worse and more toxic on Twitter than here, but I still get the same vibe here too a lot of the time. 

Don't get me wrong I get the reason to be negative. I've been critical plenty of the front office and coaching. You don't remember me going on a rant after how we handled Lane Johnson's injury last year? I had to be one of the first ones getting mad at his restructures and kicking the can down the road. I've criticized plenty of picks. I was vehemently against Barnett. I don't really think any of us trust Howie like that since the past year or two. He peaked with Douglas during that 2017 offseason. But, at the end of the day we are where we are at now.. We are no longer a contender. I think we should be focusing on more than just Howie and what went wrong or might go wrong, but what he can do to get back to what got us to being a contender and looking forward to how we can do better than always focusing on what went wrong or what might go wrong. Focusing on those types of things is easy and repetitive and usually unproductive. 

I'm not saying everyone has to be a fan of every pick, but like they say about scouting prospects. Focus more on what the prospect CAN do and not what they can't. Figure out how to best utilize them and put them in advantageous situations. I think that's how you should look at talking about the team in general too. It creates for better discussion and I just think we as fans can do better. 

The tone has been negative but there's nothing to be excited about. I'm not trying to rub salt in the wound but the Reagor over Jefferson debacle last year kind of escalated the negativity of the fan base towards the front office. 

I don't do Twitter so I can't really comment on that part of it. 

We are no longer a contender because we don't have talent and we don't have talent because we can't draft. So I apologize if I seem negative but the front office has done absolutely nothing the past decade that indicates to me they're competent enough to draft talent. 

You're right, we fans can do better - but it works both ways. I saw someone mentioned it earlier - if Dickerson had went anywhere else we would've been laughing and bashing the pick because he's injury prone. That's the level of consistency I would like to see. 

I respect the hell out of everyone here and this is literally the only place I come to talk about Eagles related stuff. So if I was a bit abrasive this weekend I apologize.

..here's to hoping. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

The tone has been negative but there's nothing to be excited about. I'm not trying to rub salt in the wound but the Reagor over Jefferson debacle last year kind of escalated the negativity of the fan base towards the front office. 

I don't do Twitter so I can't really comment on that part of it. 

We are no longer a contender because we don't have talent and we don't have talent because we can't draft. So I apologize if I seem negative but the front office has done absolutely nothing the past decade that indicates to me they're competent enough to draft talent. 

You're right, we fans can do better - but it works both ways. I saw someone mentioned it earlier - if Dickerson had went anywhere else we would've been laughing and bashing the pick because he's injury prone. That's the level of consistency I would like to see. 

I respect the hell out of everyone here and this is literally the only place I come to talk about Eagles related stuff. So if I was a bit abrasive this weekend I apologize.

..here's to hoping. 

Agree with everything except laughing at a team picking Dickerson. I’d have my reservations with praising the pick as much as his talent would warrant, but I don’t think i would laugh at a team. Reaching on guys in the first and ignoring where guys are projected to go like the Raiders have consistently done with Gruden would be more laughable than taking a stud player that is injury prone outside the first round. It’s like maybe a B- pick when you factor in his injuries, but it has the potential to be better for sure too. But, yeah here’s to hoping. 

Also, trust me when I say a lot of the other teams fans out there this week will be talking themselves into significantly worse players than some of the ones we’ve complained about these past few days.

7 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

202db2b20b86ec5b821c269d291d716c.png

It's all fun, there is a reason I've liked being here for like a couple years shy of half my life...(christ)

End of the day it's all fun. Love to love the eagles, love to be mad at the eagles.
They are the only team I really care about in any sport. It's a full hobby to care this much.
When we are good...it's awesome.
When we suck...it's fun to figure out how to fix it.

Don't think anyone is out of line as long as they realize that they probably don't have all the answers either.
Which I consider the default mentality here for a lot of people, and why it's a good place to talk things through.
It's nice to have a core group of people to do this with, and to have that history to know where people are coming from.
And that carries on season to season, draft to draft. It's not a one off discussion like those other places.

• Like 3

This UDFA class thus far is a little bit disappointing. I don't hate it, but I think there was more talent out there than what we brought in. I was saying earlier that UDFA would be smart to come to Philly just cause of the opportunity, but I don't think I was factoring in our lack of money when I said that.  I think Caplan said on the latest pod we'll barely have enough $ to sign our free agent class as it stands. So, I really doubt we had a lot of guaranteed $ to give guys to entice them to sign and I'm sure a decent chunk went to Newman. Oh well. Next years UDFA class should be much better and hopefully we are able to attack that one better.

My favorite UDFAs we picked up are probably Newman (needed to add another arm), Grimes (maybe he can make the roster) and Kayode Awosika (tackle/guard versatility and can move guys in the run game). Don't know much about Harry Crider, but I think he tested as a solid athlete and some people like him. Don't think either OL make the roster, but they could be good guys to stick on the practice squad if they show good signs in camp/preseason.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

This UDFA class thus far is a little bit disappointing. I don't hate it, but I think there was more talent out there than what we brought in. I was saying earlier that UDFA would be smart to come to Philly just cause of the opportunity, but I don't think I was factoring in our lack of money when I said that.  I think Caplan said on the latest pod we'll barely have enough $ to sign our free agent class as it stands. So, I really doubt we had a lot of guaranteed $ to give guys to entice them to sign and I'm sure a decent chunk went to Newman. Oh well. Next years UDFA class should be much better and hopefully we are able to attack that one better.

My favorite UDFAs we picked up are probably Newman (needed to add another arm), Grimes (maybe he can make the roster) and Kayode Awosika (tackle/guard versatility and can move guys in the run game). Don't know much about Harry Crider, but I think he tested as a solid athlete and some people like him. Don't think either OL make the roster, but they could be good guys to stick on the practice squad if they show good signs in camp/preseason.

Would've loved some swings on defensive guys. But yeah that makes sense with the cash,

I think Newman was a nice pickup, but the fact the and nobody drafted him says what they think of him.
Nice to have a developmental guy.

Way centers go there's always a shot with Crider, don't know anthing about him.

• Like 1