UDFAs

Kiltman

3 minutes ago, Danger said:

Wait. Jamie Newman went undrafted?? That's actually a huge pickup IMO. Dude was argued as the 3rd best QB in this class entering the season. Wonder why his decision to opt out hit him so hard??

When he realized he wasn't going to be the starter at UGA he pretty much took his ball and left. I'm sure that had something to do with it. 

3 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

When he realized he wasn't going to be the starter at UGA he pretty much took his ball and left. I'm sure that had something to do with it. 

crazy to me that they started JT Daniels over him, but maybe Daniels actually puts together a good full season next year.

38 minutes ago, Danger said:

crazy to me that they started JT Daniels over him, but maybe Daniels actually puts together a good full season next year.

The started D'Wan Mathis over him for the first part of the season until he got benched for Bennett.

There was a lot of stuff flying around and nobody knows for sure - some people think he got bad advice on his draft and thought it would hold steady on Day 1 or early Day 2 and some think he was legit concerned about COVID - but the overwhelming majority of stuff I read (on message board and stuff) was that he wasn't going to start. 

Keep in mind a lot of this stuff is from UF message boards where most of the stuff is negative about anything related to UGA. 

1 hour ago, Danger said:

Wait. Jamie Newman went undrafted?? That's actually a huge pickup IMO. Dude was argued as the 3rd best QB in this class entering the season. Wonder why his decision to opt out hit him so hard??

I'm guessing people were mostly looking at his tools and projecting him to take a leap at Georgia. I don't think his WF tape is all that special by any means. Him sitting out/not winning the starting job tanked any chance he had of getting drafted.

1 minute ago, Folesadelphia said:

Gotta say I'm surprised the eagles didn't sign any UDFAs dbs. It doesn't seem like they have the cap space to sign a vet CB and they need both a no. 2 CB and depth. It's hard to see them entering the year with this group. 

Once Ertz is moved they’ll have room to do it.

Think they’d want a guy they can plug in and not adding even more to the developmental guys. They also added some 1/2 year players from similar schemes or that the staff has worked with before.

9 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Once Ertz is moved they’ll have room to do it.

Think they’d want a guy they can plug in and not adding even more to the developmental guys. They also added some 1/2 year players from similar schemes or that the staff has worked with before.

Yeah, that's true with Ertz being traded it opens things up. I'd be fine with T.J. Carrie. What do you think about Steven Nelson?

10 minutes ago, Folesadelphia said:

Yeah, that's true with Ertz being traded it opens things up. I'd be fine with T.J. Carrie. What do you think about Steven Nelson?

TJ Carrie re-signed with the Colts.

Realistically, I don't think we can be overly picky, any decent CB would be great. 

1 minute ago, Scalamania said:

TJ Carrie re-signed with the Colts.

Realistically, I don't think we can be overly picky, any decent CB would be great. 

Oh, didn't see re-signed. Yeah I agree if they can find just a serviceable starter next to Slay, I'll be happy. Maybe Breeland? I don't know how pricey S. Nelson would be but I think he would be an excellent signing for the eagles if they can get him for the right deal. 

1 hour ago, Folesadelphia said:

I know he’s a name people have wanted, truly have no clue. It’d be great to get a guy with some sticking potential. But we could be like a last stop for a vet.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/ufa/cornerback/available/

Which is fine, gives the younger guys under him more of a shot to develop.

2 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

I know he’s a name people have wanted, truly have no clue. It’d be great to get a guy with some sticking potential. But we could be like a last stop for a vet.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/ufa/cornerback/available/

Which is fine, gives the younger guys under him more of a shot to develop.

Wonder if any of those guys would come here on vet minimum or if they would retire first. You would think they would only want to go to somewhere that can actually compete, but who knows.

8 hours ago, Danger said:

Newman played badly at the senior bowl probably why he went undrafted