β€‹πŸ¦…β€‹ 2021 Eagles Draft Thread β€‹πŸ¦…β€‹ | A FOOTBALL DUDEZ DRAFT

Kiltman

The amount of lineman we took with glaring needs elsewhere is insane to me.Β 

We took two defensive tackles, two edge guys (Johnson is not a LB) and an interior offensive lineman. Seems like we could've use the Johnson and Jackson picks other places.Β 

ESPN guys seemed really surprised Johnson lasted. He’s a pass rusher LB but just really light. I imagine they give him a couple years and bulk him up a bit. Saw a few clips, he’s got some pass rush moves.Β 

2 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

We took two defensive tackles, two edge guys (Johnson is not a LB) and an interior offensive lineman. Seems like we could've use the Johnson and Jackson picks other places.Β 

They aren't trying to fill holes, they are just taking the players they like. Most of the late picksΒ are projects or special team type players anyways. We were never filling all the holes on our roster regardless.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Scalamania said:

I think the edge picks were different, the scheme change opens up that LB/Edge role. So I get the double dip.
But yeah I've surprised how hard they went at the lines. At least it was a lot of high potential BPA guys.

Had they done this and drafted just a bunch of dudes what will never have a chance to be a starter or heavy contributor I'd be pissed.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

They aren't trying to fill holes, they are just taking the players they like. Most of the late picksΒ are projects or special team type players anyways. We were never filling all the holes on our roster regardless.

I'm not saying fill holes. I'm saying take a shot on someone who's not a lineman. There's no way we can carry all these defensive lineman inyo the season.Β 

1 minute ago, Scalamania said:

I'm not saying fill holes. I'm saying take a shot on someone who's not a lineman. There's no way we can carry all these defensive lineman inyo the season.Β 

I mean you literally said glaring needs elsewhere which implies we should be picking in places we have needs... ie filling holes in the roster.

New defensive scheme, they cleraly are looking to revamp our DL depth, and they are for sure looking at a different kind of pass rusher than the BG's and Derek Barnett's.

I would have personally liked to see at least a single safety project, but maybe they really like K'von Wallace.

• Like 1

Trying to gauge our 2022 draft picks

1. Philadelphia
1. Miaimi
1/2. Indianpolis
2. Philadelphia
3. Philadelphia
4. Philadelphia
5. Philadelphia
5. Washington
6. Philadelphia
7. Philadelphia

Projections don't have us gaining any comp picks.

Β 

Also. Why in the blue blazes is Zach Ertz still on this team?