β€‹πŸ¦…β€‹ 2021 Eagles Draft Thread β€‹πŸ¦…β€‹ | A FOOTBALL DUDEZ DRAFT

Kiltman

1 hour ago, Scalamania said:

I think Hurts in general would pull down any ranking for last year given the colossal reach he was.Β 

Yeah but then you'll have some guys who love the person and leader he is and they'd give it a positive grade and totally ignore the whole actually being a good QB part.

14 hours ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Yeah but then you'll have some guys who love the person and leader he is and they'd give it a positive grade and totally ignore the whole actually being a good QB part.

I went through the top 3 results on google and the Hurts pick was given an F+, D and a C - so it seems like it was generally considered a terrible pick and rightfully so.Β 

Β 

14 hours ago, EagleBlueDon said:

It's sad bc I really don't factor him into our future at all. Like wtf was that pick? By the time he's good he could be like 30.

Wouldn't surprise me to see him not make the roster this year.Β 

It really isn’t important,Β but it kinda annoys me that analysts are factoring in the Giants trade back and picking up a 1st to draft Toney, but not doing the same for the Eagles like that trade was literally weeks ago. Just cause it didn’t happen on draft night it doesn’t count or something? But the trade up gets factored negatively into the grade? Don’t get me wrong I get the risk of trading up,Β but at least be consistent with your praise for collecting assets forΒ moving back.

16 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

It really isn’t important,Β but it kinda annoys me that analysts are factoring in the Giants trade back and picking up a 1st to draft Toney, but not doing the same for the Eagles like that trade was literally weeks ago. Just cause it didn’t happen on draft night it doesn’t count or something? But the trade up gets factored negatively into the grade? Don’t get me wrong I get the risk of trading up,Β but at least be consistent with your praise for collecting assets forΒ moving back.

Yup I haven't seen our acquisition of Miami's 2022 1st rounder mentioned in literally any draft grades. But I've seen NYG trade in almost every single one.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Yup I haven't seen our acquisition of Miami's 2022 1st rounder mentioned in literally any draft grades. But I've seen NYG trade in almost every single one.

Lol glad I’m not the only one that was seeing the same thingΒ 

BTW go check out BLG’s dumbass post on grading the draft. I swear I really dislike his negative Nancy ***.Β I doubt he watched tape on most of these guys besides DeVonta and that was probably mainly still highlights. Smith was the only reason he gave us a B. I’m sure he wanted to give us a C or C+ at best so bad but was expecting back lash.Β 

I mean I don’t take most of the Eagles beats opinions serious even in season but around draft time it’s that much worse. BTW Matt Lombardo former Eagles beat who now covers the Giants gave them an A and top 4 class and gave the Eagles a C. Glad he isn’t covering the team anymore. Now if only we could get ESP and BLG out of here.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

5 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Lol glad I’m not the only one that was seeing the same thingΒ 

BTW go check out BLG’s dumbass post on grading the draft. I swear I really dislike his negative Nancy ***.Β I doubt he watched tape on most of these guys besides DeVonta and that was probably mainly still highlights. Smith was the only reason he gave us a B. I’m sure he wanted to give us a C or C+ at best so bad but was expecting back lash.Β 

I mean I don’t take most of the Eagles beats opinions serious even in season but around draft time it’s that much worse. BTW Matt Lombardo former Eagles beat who now covers the Giants gave them an A and top 4 class and gave the Eagles a C. Glad he isn’t covering the team anymore. Now if only we could get ESP and BLG out of here.

Lol I had his draft grade article pulled up on my phone, then I got side tracked and closed it. Maybe I won't read it, I'm so sick of reading his pessimistic crap man. I bash him and the other writers in the comment section every now and then for having a constant doom and gloom. I've gone overboard a couple times though lol.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Lol I had his draft grade article pulled up on my phone, then I got side tracked and closed it. Maybe I won't read it, I'm so sick of reading his pessimistic crap man. I bash him and the other writers in the comment section every now and then for having a constant doom and gloom. I've gone overboard a couple times though lol.

BLG didn’t used to be this negative. I’d say it started a year or two ago. Neither did Kempski. He’s become worse being on a pod with BLG. I would also say Solak and Kist (who doesn’t really do Eagles stuff now) are also increasingly negative.Β Β I can’t really stand Philly media lately. Not all of them are bad and I still like some of them but it’s difficult to take them serious. I don’t want to hear everything is rosy. They should call out the Eagles when they do stuff like handling Lane’s ankle,Β not sticking to their draft board, having dysfunction with the front office and coaching staff and so on. But,Β when I can tell you are just approaching every take with an air of negativity it just makes you not worth listening to. You don’t have to go full Spadaro, but don’t go full BLG either. That’s why I really respect Tommy Lawlor cause his writing and analysis was almost always fair and balanced. That’s also why I like listening to Greg Cosell when he’s on with Fran or even Caplan & Mosher, because he isn’t an Eagles guy and he’s gonna keep it honest with them. Fran leans more on the positive side of things cause he works for the Eagles, but at least when he’s taking draft or in season play he doesn’t shy away from the negatives but doesn’t harp relentlessly either and you know he knows the x and o’s way better than guys like ESP, Kempski, BLG, etc.Β 

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

1.Β Philadelphia Eagles

RD. OVERALL PICK PLAYER
DeVonta Smith, WR, Alabama
Landon Dickerson, OG/C, Alabama
Milton Williams, DT, Louisiana Tech
Zech McPhearson, CB, Texas Tech
Kennth Gainwell, RB, Memphis
Marlon Tuipulotu, DT, USC
Tarron Jackson, edge, Coastal Carolina
JaCoby Stevens, DS, LSU
Patrick Johnson, edge, Tulane

Favorite pick:Β Landon Dickerson, OG/C, Alabama
The Eagles had no shortage of candidates here, which is the main reason they are No. 1 on my list. But Dickerson gets my vote because of his combination of high-end talent at any of the interior line positions and his impact in the locker room. His injury history is troublesome, but well worth the risk.

Day 3 pick who could surprise: Zech McPhearson, CB, Texas Tech
This was a tough choice between McPhearson, Gainwell and Tuipulotu, but the cornerback is the pick because I thought he went widely underrated throughout the process. The Penn State transfer looks comfortable in both man and zone and shows outstanding fluidity and toughness to mirror receivers.
Β 

Source:Β Ranking NFL Draft classes from 1 to 32: Eagles, Browns, Lions and Bears top Dane Brugler’s list