​🦅​ 2021 Eagles Draft Thread ​🦅​ | A FOOTBALL DUDEZ DRAFT

Kiltman

1 hour ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

BLG didn’t used to be this negative. I’d say it started a year or two ago. Neither did Kempski. He’s become worse being on a pod with BLG. I would also say Solak and Kist (who doesn’t really do Eagles stuff now) are also increasingly negative.  I can’t really stand Philly media lately. Not all of them are bad and I still like some of them but it’s difficult to take them serious. I don’t want to hear everything is rosy. They should call out the Eagles when they do stuff like handling Lane’s ankle, not sticking to their draft board, having dysfunction with the front office and coaching staff and so on. But, when I can tell you are just approaching every take with an air of negativity it just makes you not worth listening to. You don’t have to go full Spadaro, but don’t go full BLG either. That’s why I really respect Tommy Lawlor cause his writing and analysis was almost always fair and balanced. That’s also why I like listening to Greg Cosell when he’s on with Fran or even Caplan & Mosher, because he isn’t an Eagles guy and he’s gonna keep it honest with them. Fran leans more on the positive side of things cause he works for the Eagles, but at least when he’s taking draft or in season play he doesn’t shy away from the negatives but doesn’t harp relentlessly either and you know he knows the x and o’s way better than guys like ESP, Kempski, BLG, etc. 

I absolutely hate Solak - I don't know how people can stomach listening to him. 

1 minute ago, Scalamania said:

He remind of the young sibling who always got his way - I really despise listening to him. 

There is some deep rooting sibling issues in that assumption....lol 

That is your prerogative. I can’t help it if you don’t want joy in your life

3 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

BLG didn’t used to be this negative. I’d say it started a year or two ago. Neither did Kempski. He’s become worse being on a pod with BLG. I would also say Solak and Kist (who doesn’t really do Eagles stuff now) are also increasingly negative.  I can’t really stand Philly media lately. Not all of them are bad and I still like some of them but it’s difficult to take them serious. I don’t want to hear everything is rosy. They should call out the Eagles when they do stuff like handling Lane’s ankle, not sticking to their draft board, having dysfunction with the front office and coaching staff and so on. But, when I can tell you are just approaching every take with an air of negativity it just makes you not worth listening to. You don’t have to go full Spadaro, but don’t go full BLG either. That’s why I really respect Tommy Lawlor cause his writing and analysis was almost always fair and balanced. That’s also why I like listening to Greg Cosell when he’s on with Fran or even Caplan & Mosher, because he isn’t an Eagles guy and he’s gonna keep it honest with them. Fran leans more on the positive side of things cause he works for the Eagles, but at least when he’s taking draft or in season play he doesn’t shy away from the negatives but doesn’t harp relentlessly either and you know he knows the x and o’s way better than guys like ESP, Kempski, BLG, etc. 

I don´t mind BLGs being critical and his rage boner for Carson Wentz, but he does seem to lean towards the negative a lot, he seems to be wanting to be on par with other Philly media heads and wants to be their echo, but the guy is not well connected, doesn´t break any stories, it´s not knowledgable on X and Oh´s and has a very boring personality for podcasts. So he gives me the impression he wants to be ¨part of the gang¨. The BGN Radio podcast have taken a massive dip in quality. 

PS I do love Solak, he´s the only one on that network I listed to anymore. I wish there was more content by him. Big Fan. 

Edited by Broadway Joe

4 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Lol glad I’m not the only one that was seeing the same thing 

BTW go check out BLG’s dumbass post on grading the draft. I swear I really dislike his negative Nancy ***. I doubt he watched tape on most of these guys besides DeVonta and that was probably mainly still highlights. Smith was the only reason he gave us a B. I’m sure he wanted to give us a C or C+ at best so bad but was expecting back lash. 

I mean I don’t take most of the Eagles beats opinions serious even in season but around draft time it’s that much worse. BTW Matt Lombardo former Eagles beat who now covers the Giants gave them an A and top 4 class and gave the Eagles a C. Glad he isn’t covering the team anymore. Now if only we could get ESP and BLG out of here.

I’ve always slotted BLG in the fan category like he is. It’s like him, most of the other pods on BGN besides Solak, Go Birds, Erock, all the random little ones. Of that tier his show is fine for what it is, but only really listen because I like Kempski....and still skip it a lot. Like I rate most everyone’s opinions here above that tier.

It’s fine if people want to be negative, Howie and Lurie have deserved it. Nothing will change if people don’t press. But it does become annoying when everything is seen in a default worse case scenario.

40 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

I’ve always slotted BLG in the fan category like he is. It’s like him, most of the other pods on BGN besides Solak, Go Birds, Erock, all the random little ones. Of that tier his show is fine for what it is, but only really listen because I like Kempski....and still skip it a lot. Like I rate most everyone’s opinions here above that tier.

It’s fine if people want to be negative, Howie and Lurie have deserved it. Nothing will change if people don’t press. But it does become annoying when everything is seen in a default worse case scenario.

Yeah BGN is my bottom of the barrell, I guess I have nothing else to listen to podcast feed anymore. I can't stomach Go Birds. It's really bad.

I like Solak more on his draft stuff than Eagles stuff to be honest. Locked on NFL Draft is my elite tier football pod. 

On 5/4/2021 at 1:28 PM, Danger said:

I do actually.

Oh the other note. I generally think Milton Williams and Alim McNeil are similar caliber prospects. I'm not upset with the trade, but yes, this year another 6th was needless. The only real reason to be disappointed is for Pete's sake.

I absolutely believe this. I was actually going to post on here that this is exactly what I thought happened, that Donahoe wanted McNeil. They probably had both DTs with a similar grade and wanted to accumulate more draft capital. They had confidence that one of them would be there and they made the trade. Was it a prudent decision? We will have to wait and see. Eagles did turn that 6th rounder and a late 7th to a 5th next year. I think it's smart that the Eagles have a plethora of draft capital next year because the draft should be stacked due to players returning to school amidst covid.

On 5/5/2021 at 11:54 AM, EaglesPeteC said:

Yeah BGN is my bottom of the barrell, I guess I have nothing else to listen to podcast feed anymore. I can't stomach Go Birds. It's really bad.

I like Solak more on his draft stuff than Eagles stuff to be honest. Locked on NFL Draft is my elite tier football pod. 

Word Pete!! Him and Trevor are a great pairing. I think him and Kist were great for a long time too, but Solak has just fallen off as an Eagles guy. I still respect his opinions and all that, but when I used to listen to him with Kist he would get genuinely fired up over the Eagles and you could feel his passion. I don't need the people who report on the Eagles to like the team, but it certainly didn't hurt and now Solak just feels a bit more like the rest of the Philly media. A lot of the time now it feels like he gets more excited about almost anything other than the Eagles. Kist now that he got his promotion and doesn't cover the Eagles on a weekly basis like he used to just seems to be a follow on twitter for sarcasm, but his Eagles takes have gone a bit downhill for me since then too.

I think if Solak got a co-host that was passionate about Eagles football they could bring out the best in him for a new podcast, but not sure I have faith in BGN to pull that off. Not that it matters, because being a draft guy is much better for Solak's career projection than being an Eagles guy. I feel like he should be on the national stage, but I'm sure his boy-ish looks and voice (I don't mind it... actually is kinda funny) hold him back a bit. I wish him success in that lane, but as an Eagles guy he's gone downhill and I think it started with BLG starting to pod. Such a shame cause I definitely appreciate him as the editor of the site. I used to get all my updates from BGN a few years or more back. He was always quick to get content/articles up no matter how small or big the news. I think that was his best value as an Eagles guy. 

I haven't listened to Go Birds really. Is that ESP? I'm just gonna guess it is.

Right now I mainly just listen to Inside the Birds and the official Eagles pods with Fran are mainly what I listen to nowadays. Those shows are less opinion based and more focused on what is actually happening, inside info and the x and o's. I haven't checked out many new Eagles pods/sites recently though. I know Conor Myles from twitter was doing a solid job from the bit I heard on the Brawl Network, but I guess now he's moved up to working for Sports Illustrated. Can't say I've listened to his pods for SI. Overall, I just think the Eagles need some new content creators and voices out there and preferably younger ones who haven't been working covering the team for a decade or more.

On 5/5/2021 at 11:12 AM, Kiltman said:

The latter is my problem. I don't want them to not ask Lurie and Roseman the tough questions that need answering. There should be articles and stuff written on the dysfunction up top. You can still be a fair and balanced reporter and also look at moves from an open mind. At a certain point people are just gonna tune you out if you keep coming with the same negativity. Look at Power Elite and his arm length ****. Got his *** outta here quick asf. IIf only we could do the same with some of the toxic Philly media. Sad thing is if you asked me like 3-5 years ago which teams have the best coverage I probably would've put the Eagles near the top. Not sure I believe we are up there anymore. 

On 5/4/2021 at 10:40 AM, EaglesPeteC said:
On 5/4/2021 at 9:45 AM, Kiltman said:

Expand  

Pain........

I like Milton though, but Alim to the Eagles would have been a dream. 

I THINK Williams has a higher ceiling if things go right and he might be able to provide a bit more versatility out the gate. I would've been more than happy with McNeill and he's the better player right now. I think he would've definitely taken more pressure off Fletch this year than Williams would, but obviously we were cool with both of them. I also think the trade down from McNeill signals to me that Roseman really isn't worried about his job status. Milton is a pick that could look like a huge steal in year 3, but I don't think taking him says "we better win now... I'm on thin ice". Not that I ever thought Roseman's job was in much jeopardy after he survived Pederson. Lurie has too close of an attachment to him.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

But, anyways I can't get over the character of the guys we drafted. I like a lot of them from a talent perspective and think we got some good values throughout the draft. I know the term culture is thrown out a ton and half the time its just a buzz word, but I really think we needed a class chalk full of guys that are mentally tough with a work-man like attitude that will bust their butts and I think we got that in spades in this class. I don't think we'll have to worry much at all about these guys off the field and a lot of the guys are tone setters in the locker room and on the practice field. I've seen people claim this isn't a "flashy" or "exciting" class. What we needed was a class that was gonna come in with the right attitude and character to start building toward this new era of Eagles football and I think that's what we got. Now we just need them to stay on the field and get the right coaching and development which we've kinda lacked besides at offensive line thanks to Stoutland. 

Like just watch some of these guys press conferences. JaCoby's really shined to me. I wasn't even really excited about the pick, but its hard to watch him talk and not be impressed by the person much like a lot of these guys. I thought he handled the media from his first presser about as great as you could. These guys have the mental make-up to be a foundation class. Now, we just need them to prove it on the field.

1 hour ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I THINK Williams has a higher ceiling if things go right and he might be able to provide a bit more versatility out the gate. I would've been more than happy with McNeill and he's the better player right now. I think he would've definitely taken more pressure off Fletch this year than Williams would, but obviously we were cool with both of them. I also think the trade down from McNeill signals to me that Roseman really isn't worried about his job status. Milton is a pick that could look like a huge steal in year 3, but I don't think taking him says "we better win now... I'm on thin ice". Not that I ever thought Roseman's job was in much jeopardy after he survived Pederson. Lurie has too close of an attachment to him.

It wasn’t a football thing that I wanted McNeil over Williams.

Alim went to the HS I teach at and I had him in class so it just would have been so cool on a personal level to have him on the Eagles. The fact that it was really that close to happening and didn’t kind of sucks 

1 hour ago, EaglesPeteC said:

It wasn’t a football thing that I wanted McNeil over Williams.

Alim went to the HS I teach at and I had him in class so it just would have been so cool on a personal level to have him on the Eagles. The fact that it was really that close to happening and didn’t kind of sucks 

I'm aware. You've told us already. Like @Danger I would have been happy for you, but all my support is behind Milton now, especially after how the media and fans did him after the Donahoe video.

• Like 1