​🦅​ 2021 Eagles Draft Thread ​🦅​ | A FOOTBALL DUDEZ DRAFT

Kiltman

1 hour ago, Scalamania said:

So we now have clips of Minnesota's FO laughing after we took Reagor and a clip of our FO looking like a trainwreck after taking Williams. Not a great look for this organization. 

I really hope this staff can help out Reagor.
Maybe Smith can rub off on him.

That breakdown @TheRealMcCoy posted that he'd of had at least 5 100 yard games if the Qbs weren't playing like crap and totally missing him getting open was interesting. It'd explain a lot more why he's so pissed.

1 hour ago, Kiltman said:

I really hope this staff can help out Reagor.
Maybe Smith can rub off on him.

That breakdown @TheRealMcCoy posted that he'd of had at least 5 100 yard games if the Qbs weren't playing like crap and totally missing him getting open was interesting. It'd explain a lot more why he's so pissed.

Avant said Reagor in a pod sometime after the season that he hates the Jefferson noise with a passion. Hopefully that anger and getting a workman like star receiver to play opposite him and rub off like you said. Not sure how much better QB play he'll get this year which unfortunately could limit his production still and DeVonta's ROTY campaign, but it is what it is. Both the Jalens I think keep a chip on their shoulder and really got something to prove this year, so now let's see it. 

2 hours ago, Scalamania said:

So we now have clips of Minnesota's FO laughing after we took Reagor and a clip of our FO looking like a trainwreck after taking Williams. Not a great look for this organization. 

I get how its not a great look being caught on camera, but fact is that scouts disagreeing with the GM and making their case before the pick is made and not getting there guy and being upset probably happens a lot. Most front office guys are just probably smart enough not to show their discontent right after the pick is made and your head coach is on the phone with the player. That's why I think this shows just as badly on Donahoe as it does Roseman if we are gonna be criticizing the optics of it all. I get Roseman is gonna be **** on first, because with some of these past drafts the anger is definitely warranted, but I don't think Donahoe comes out looking great here either. I understand frustration with not taking a corner if that's what he wanted, but you gotta show a united front.

Most of the room is all smiling and happy. Not football advisor Tom Donahoe. He’s frustrated.

Howie admitted later that they moved back and a couple of guys they had interest in got taken.

70 – OL Brady Christensen
71 – CB Aaron Robinson
72 – DT Alim McNeill

I think I’d rather have Williams than that trio. Robinson is most comfortable playing in the slot. McNeill is most natural at NT.

It was interesting to see Donahoe disappointed, and then for Howie to admit there was frustration by Donahoe.

No CB?

For once, the Eagles didn’t force a need pick. There are fourth round CBs I like. I’ll write about them on Saturday morning.

Source: http://igglesblitz.com/2021/05/day-2-roundup/

These were Tommy's thoughts on the whole not taking a CB and the Milton Williams video clip saga.

Believe Solak would have rather had McNeill, but not Robinson when asked about it.

Just realized the draft is on again in 5.5 hours and I haven't slept. Whoops. Kept hearing noon and forgot it was eastern like a dumbass smh. Also, we have 8 picks today so at least it will be eventful. I hope we use some to move up a round next year or do a little moving and shaking to move up in rounds 4/5. Not sure we really wanna pay 11 rookies, but who knows.

On 4/29/2021 at 12:16 PM, EaglesPeteC said:

5 random draft predictions:

1) Ertz doesn't get traded and he is unceremoniously released after the draft

2) The Eagles don't pick at 12

3) Pick 150 will be wasted on a QB that we thought might be a UDFA that won't make the team (QB factory)

4) One of the 6ths will be spent on WR Anthony Miller

5) The earliest the Eagles draft an LB will be the 7th round. 

All my predictions looking good so far 

10 hours ago, Scalamania said:

Mukuamu, Taylor and Griffin maybe? 

There's not much there. 

Tay Gowan (UCF)
Olijah Griffin (USC)
Trill Williams (Syracuse)
Marco Wilson (Florida)
Israel Mukuamu (South Carolina)
Keith Taylor Jr. (Washington)
Bryce Thompson (Tennessee)
Thomas Graham Jr. (Oregon)

Are the names to look out for. 

Mukuamu and Tay Gowan are probably my top picks of the bunch. Followed by Marco WIlson, and Olijah Griffin.

1 hour ago, EaglesPeteC said:

I don’t know who needs to hear this but Dickerson is a better prospect than any CB drafted after him and Milton Williams is a better prospect than any CB drafted after him

You really think Williams is a better prospect then Meli or Adebo?

7 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I get how its not a great look being caught on camera, but fact is that scouts disagreeing with the GM and making their case before the pick is made and not getting there guy and being upset probably happens a lot. Most front office guys are just probably smart enough not to show their discontent right after the pick is made and your head coach is on the phone with the player. That's why I think this shows just as badly on Donahoe as it does Roseman if we are gonna be criticizing the optics of it all. I get Roseman is gonna be **** on first, because with some of these past drafts the anger is definitely warranted, but I don't think Donahoe comes out looking great here either. I understand frustration with not taking a corner if that's what he wanted, but you gotta show a united front.

I wasn't ****ting on Howie. I'm saying this is a bad look for this organization all around. 

Did any other teams have anything like this happen that I may have missed?

13 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

You really think Williams is a better prospect then Meli or Adebo?

Yup. Dude is freaky athletic and really disruptive. I like Meli a lot but he is a project. If you were hoping he’s starting on the outside year 1. Yikes..... Adebo is a nice player. He’s a little more ready but I think Williams is a much higher ceiling player.