Ravens 2021 Draft Thread [No Spoilers]

drd23

Saw some Raider fans talking about an article that said the Ravens were going to draft Alex Leatherwood at #27...

I wonder if the source on that is the same as the one that said we were going draft Darnell Savage and that's why the Packers had to jump us in 2019. 😂

Clearly the Ravens didn't give a f*$k about the Tackle position in this draft, and by all appearances got the players they wanted. 

@AFlaccoSeagulls D'Wayne Eskridge in the 2nd, and then Tamorrion Terry and Cade Johnson as UDFAs for the Seahawks is one of the best team fit hauls I've seen at one position. Your Hawks clearly have their types.

Eskridge-Lockett, Terry-Metcalf, Johnson-Baldwin.. This stuck out to me so much when I looked over their draft. 

Was so easy to find all of this. I just knew these comps would be out there- 

Should work out well too. Weapons that really gel with Wilson's skill.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

@AFlaccoSeagulls D'Wayne Eskridge in the 2nd, and then Tamorrion Terry and Cade Johnson as UDFAs for the Seahawks is one of the best team fit hauls I've seen at one position. Your Hawks clearly have their types.

Eskridge-Lockett, Terry-Metcalf, Johnson-Baldwin.. This stuck out to me so much when I looked over their draft. 

Was so easy to find all of this. I just knew these comps would be out there- 

Should work out well too. Weapons that really gel with Wilson's skill.

It's weird seeing the Hawks with only 3 picks, and nearly everyone graded their draft as one of the worst in the league. This seems like one of those years where the Hawks will do their usual haul of UDFA's and rebuild there.

But then again, they've been pretty bad at drafting for years now so I don't really expect another Kam Chancellor, Doug Baldwin, Jermaine Kearse or Richard Sherman to walk through those doors.

3 hours ago, DreamKid said:

This makes sense as to why he wasn’t truly on my radar when I was watching tape. I probably should’ve paid more attention to that Notre Dame defensive components, considering how good they were this past season. They did some really impressive things and looking at his tape, it’s a wonder to me how their wasn’t more draft hype. He’s got powerful hands that consistently move guys back, nice size, and above average to good athleticism. Just from what I’ve seen he looks like a combination between Zadarius Smith with an inside/outside rush game as well Matt Judon in that he can drop back into coverage with some level of comfortablity within that role.

I think if there’s someone with the potential to be the dark horse steal of this draft, it would be Hayes. He’s got the opportunity in front of him, he’s got the system that fits his skillset, and he’s got the talent to get things done.

I say dark horse because I think the more obvious “steal” candidate would be Shaun Wade considering he too has the ability, the opportunity, and the talent... yet outside of the 2020 season, he’s been pretty dominant every year. So whether he was simply “protecting himself” to ensure he got paid (and that backfired) OR it was just a down year from having to play along the boundary; It feels like a safer bet for him to breakout as a rookie, considering his history of consistently high performance in high school (5 star) and college (top prospect until this broken college season).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, diamondbull424 said:

I say dark horse because I think the more obvious “steal” candidate would be Shaun Wade considering he too has the ability, the opportunity, and the talent... yet outside of the 2020 season, he’s been pretty dominant every year. So whether he was simply “protecting himself” to ensure he got paid (and that backfired) OR it was just a down year from having to play along the boundary; It feels like a safer bet for him to breakout as a rookie, considering his history of consistently high performance in high school (5 star) and college (top prospect until this broken college season).

I think both are great candidates, and in no small part because of how well they'll fit our system. Wade is a high end blitzer from the slot who loves to fly up and hit ball carriers. So he'll be right at home under Wink's command. Then you have Hayes who really does look like a smoother moving power rush version of Judon(With possibly more upside and versatility).  They really feel like classic Day 3 Ravens' picks, whose best football could be ahead of them.

• Like 1

This is big money for Ar'Darius, but not as big as the money some other hot names got on the UDFA market. Shows the bidding war for him wasn't as crazy despite his consensus Top 100 player status. Guess some teams are just totally out on him because of his size. Hopefully that means if we end up playing PS roulette with him that other clubs will keep their paws off, but I won't hold out hope on that front. Also, how cool will a preseason Safety tandem of Ar'Darius Washington and Geno Stone be??!! 🔥🔥🔥

1 hour ago, DreamKid said:

This is big money for Ar'Darius, but not as big as the money some other hot names got on the UDFA market. Shows the bidding war for him wasn't as crazy despite his consensus Top 100 player status. Guess some teams are just totally out on him because of his size. Hopefully that means if we end up playing PS roulette with him that other clubs will keep their paws off, but I won't hold out hope on that front. Also, how cool will a preseason Safety tandem of Ar'Darius Washington and Geno Stone be??!! 🔥🔥🔥

Wow. Marvin Wilson went undrafted, I had no idea. That’s pretty crazy to me. Same with Drake Jackson. CLE got a really good land there with Wilson. Wonder what caused him to go undrafted.

Edited by diamondbull424

24 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

Wow. Marvin Wilson went undrafted, I had no idea. That’s pretty crazy to me. Same with Drake Jackson. CLE got a really good land there with Wilson. Wonder what caused him to go undrafted.

Probably concerned teams that his play dropped off so drastically last year. That and his poor testing did him in I guess. Remember Gerald Willis the DI out of Miami from a couple years back that we signed? He was projected as a Day 2 guy in the draft, then he became the prize UDFA everyone wanted, then he didn't play well in the preseason, and then he quickly flamed out of the league.

Wilson's path thus far is reminding me of him.

• Like 3