Ravens 2021 Draft Thread [No Spoilers]

drd23

Only player I’m hoping goes before our pick would be Landon Dickerson. Want nothing to do with his medical nor his balance issues. He’s got some true ability, sure, but he wouldn’t even be on my board and if he goes prior to us that’ll definitely make me feel a lot better.

Phillips and Dickerson are the only two players I really wanted nothing to do with in round 1.

17 minutes ago, baltimoreRebel said:

So happy Phillips is off the board. Wanted nithing to do with his injury history. 

Ravens should really thinking about trading up for Paye. 

I’d rather sit and take Jayson Oweh if we’re going for the athletic freak who has underperformed at the collegiate level requisite to his athletic gifts.

Especially considering he didn’t play football until like 16-17 IIRC. 4.36 forty at his size (6’5” 256 lbs, 34.5” arm length) and with that agility (6.83s) is truly unbelievable. Throw in 21 reps with that arm length and those are Saquan Barkley type of incredible athletic numbers. He’s also a very quality/good player in run support already too so he fits what we like in a player.

————

Kadarius Toney absolutely helps us out. He’s not someone I was in on. So him going only pushes down more talent in our direction.

Edited by diamondbull424

1 minute ago, diamondbull424 said:

Especially considering he didn’t play football until like 16-17 IIRC

He was a Junior in HS, and only picked it up because he had to play a 2nd sport (other than basketball, which is what he went to the school for)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

Paye is scary. Will be 23 later this year and he's still a project as a pass rusher.

Yup. That’s why I was pretty much out on him. Guys like that don’t seem to pan out more often than not IMO. At least Oweh has somewhat of an excuse.

1 minute ago, coordinator0 said:

I feel like the Ravens valuing college sack production for the EDGE prospects is a real thing. It's not like Oweh never had a sack in college, but productions definitely wasn't one of his hallmarks. 

That’s true. But again. He’s improved every year. Didn’t get the sack numbers last season but his run defense really jumped. He also had no defensive help last season.

His pass rush could improve with guys like Calais Campbell mentoring guys on the defense. If he just gets a long arm technique with that athleticism, it’s game over.

That said, you’re right. It scares me. But his late start does make me a little less nervous than I am with Kwitty Paye.

5 minutes ago, coordinator0 said:

I feel like the Ravens valuing college sack production for the EDGE prospects is a real thing. It's not like Oweh never had a sack in college, but productions definitely wasn't one of his hallmarks. 

I'd have said something similar about off-ball LBs and tackle production last year, but I think EDC might be valuing traits (compared to production) more than Ozzie did

Just now, drd23 said:

I'd have said something similar about off-ball LBs and tackle production last year, but I think EDC might be valuing traits (compared to production) more than Ozzie did

I hope so.

Glad Farley went. Get all of the medical concern guys off the board please. 

• Like 1