Day One: Draft day! (NO SPOILERS. AKA PICK TIPPING)

615finest

15 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

If the second sentence happens, the first sentence is a guarantee lol.

Haha I've had this feeling for a bit haha. 

It's not what I want but it's what I think they're leaning towards with other positions of need being deeper. Dream scenario we end up with Devonta, or trade back and land Elijah 

28 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

I expect Elijah Moore or Caleb Farley. Would in no way be surprised to see us move up a little with one of the thirds if Devonta Smith falls a bit.

But it’ll probably be a tackle or Barmore just to hurt me.

I hate the idea of Barmore or a tackle. I don't understand why I hate Barmore, but I do. I just don't think he is worth the 1st round pick. Those Alabama DT's never really are. He will maybe give us 3 sacks a year? 

18 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

I hate the idea of Barmore or a tackle. I don't understand why I hate Barmore, but I do. I just don't think he is worth the 1st round pick. Those Alabama DT's never really are. He will maybe give us 3 sacks a year? 

I think Barmore’s ceiling is far higher than any other DL, but I just can’t touch any player with coaching and structure issues after last year. Especially a fairly raw player. And even more especially when we have a roster that will desperately need early and significant production from its first round pick.

4 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Really thinking about it, what makes Waddle and Smith any more of a lock than Elijah Moore.
Smith is a little taller but Moore is heavier.  Moore and is just about the same size as Waddle. 

Moore was more productive than Waddle. 

Waddle is really just a slightly better version. They do similar things, but Waddle is slightly bigger and a bit faster. Both of which obviously make a difference.

Smith is just a different receiver. Obviously there’s the production, but he’s also just a far more proven fundamental receiver with a skill set (advanced route tree, incredibly fluid in every aspect, production inside and outside, comes from a pro style offense, rac ability) than Moore. It’s also easier to put on 10-15 pounds than grow 3 or 4 inches.

Which isn’t to say I don’t like Moore, just that I think there’s a clear drop from those top three. Though to be fair, some of the faults are actually question marks, just like with AJ and DK. Ole Miss does its receivers no favors with its simplistic offense and QB play.