Draft Day Thread:

Steeler Hitman

Official Steelers Forum Draft Talk Thread:

Where: Cleveland, Ohio (Go Steelers! @#$% Da Browns! They still #$%^!) 😂🤬  

Seriously, Thank you Cleveland for hosting.

When: Round One Thursday, 4/29/21 @ 8 pm

Rounds 2 & 3 Friday, 4/30/21 @ 7 pm

Rounds 4 - 7 Saturday, 5/1/21 @ 12 pm/Noon

3JMV3YG7TFBSLEW5VKLT4H26C4.jpg

Welcome to the 86th annual NFL Selection Meeting also known as the 2021 NFL Draft. The Jacksonville Jaguars are on the clock.....

SCU_DraftGuide_FeatImg-1024x512.jpg

This is where the action will be!

WMNMI2PDKVGCPB2ZJMBYV4RGNI.jpg

The Steelers can use the example and some inspiration from draft guru legends of the past!

Mike-Tomlin-Kevin-Colbert-2018-pre-draft

Might this be their last draft dance together?

web1_ap_883075522956_7761697.jpg

How much of a say will Mr. Rooney have in the picks? As Coach Tomlin said, "It's Mr. Rooney's team. "

• Like 1

I am torn on it.  early in the draft process, I was initially all Etienne, despite his fumble history and size. I thought he may be a better fit for Matt Canada's offense and what he likes to do. But I am more Najee from the size and fit for endurance (bell-cow role). If they get either or Williams, I think they will be successful. There is a drop-off after those three and we are gambling or waiting for a player to develop. 

Best, best case scenario: Justin Fields falls far enough for us to trade up for him. 

Best case scenario: 1) Harris/Etienne 2) Freiermuth 3) Best C available

Actual Scenario: the draft I hate for 2 weeks while I dig through the players that I didn't want but we ultimately drafted anyway and never showed up on any mock drafts then I come to love it in late may. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I'd be pretty content with Harris or Etienne. I think they're both going to be fine NFL caliber RBs. Williams too, but he's definitely a tier below those two. 

I would agree.  I don't think that the drop-off between Harris and Etienne (as the top backs) and Williams (as the tier below them) is as great as the drop-off between Williams and the rest of the class: Gainwell, Sermon, Hubbard, Stevenson,  Patterson,  and Mitchell. Good backs, but then you are getting similar players as Snell, McFarland, and Samuels in terms of talent and not being ready to take over the rushing attack year one. 

The times that the OL actually created some holes (it was more than they were given credit for) Snell, McFarland and at times even James Connor didn't read the block well, were not patient in following the block or didn't explode through the hole. That timing comes through development in some cases and it is talent in others. I don't want to see another lower tier talented RB added to the roster. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, bigben07MVP said:

@Dcash4 👀👀

Oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy!!

But....

Assuming he is talking Fields, so the hope is he would fall to 24? Don't see that happening. You would have to jump Miami at 18 and the Jets at 24 most likely to get him, so I am not sure Gerry's math works out. I would also hope they have Fields ahead of Harris in their draft board. The more I think about it, the more I'm confused about Gerry's comment. 

Unless he is talking about Mac Jones or Kyle Trask

3 minutes ago, Dcash4 said:

Oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy!!

But....

Assuming he is talking Fields, so the hope is he would fall to 24? Don't see that happening. You would have to jump Miami at 18 and the Jets at 24 most likely to get him, so I am not sure Gerry's math works out. I would also hope they have Fields ahead of Harris in their draft board. The more I think about it, the more I'm confused about Gerry's comment. 

Unless he is talking about Mac Jones or Kyle Trask

I think they “Heinz Fields” makes it pretty obvious who they are referring to.

Im confused, why would they need to hop NYJ/Miami to get Fields?