Draft Day Thread:

Steeler Hitman

Just now, warfelg said:

Also I hate the Ravens got Oweh. A guy with all the physical tools and a team that churns out pass rushers. 

Meh, they try to take  EDGE guys and fail just as much as they succeed, probably more. Remember Tim Williams, Tyus Bowser, Jaylon Ferguson, and Kamala Correa?  

Just now, jebrick said:

Steelers like Humphry, Dickerson and Hainsey.  I would like Kendrick Green as well.  I do think they go defense in the 2nd

They like kendrick too , klem worked him out at his pro day 

But I'm with you browning , kendrick green or Hainsey in the 3rd

2 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Also I hate the Ravens got Oweh. A guy with all the physical tools and a team that churns out pass rushers. 

You called it. I thought he was over-drafted a bit, but you can't deny that he is a heck of a physical specimen and has potential. Picking that late helped ease the "reach argument", but they essentially got who they wanted.  If he pans out, great pick for them. I know that the Steelers, Mr. Colbert and Coach Tomlin would have gotten simply lambasted drafting him in round one.

53 minutes ago, 43M said:

I dont disagree that we got good value for the PLAYER, but as I said, there are just numerous things that make me feel a bit uncomfortable about this pick.     Beyond just not liking RB in the first round, I just feel like we picked the WRONG RB.      Could I be wrong?  Sure.    I hope he tears it up, and watching him, he does look like a beast on the field.    But then again, so did Trent Richardson.  Im not directly comparing him to Richardson, but Bama backs make me nervous.   They always have a dominant OLine and overall much better athletes than most other teams.      Richardson was a great athlete behind a great OLine.   Same with Harris.

To be fair, the argument against ‘Bama running backs is kind of outdated. Outside of Trent Richardson and Eddie Lacy (who was actually good until he ate himself out of the league) most ‘Bama RBs under Saban have panned out pretty well. 

Mark Ingram, Josh Jacobs, Derrick Henry, Kenyan Drake just to name a few. 

It will certainly be an adjustment for Harris (when is it not for a rookie) but I think he’ll be able to thrive even behind a mediocre o-line. 

9 minutes ago, cjfollett said:

I'll be disappointed if they pass on Humphrey if he is there at #55. I know there are other options, but I think he is the best C in this draft.

He will not be there.  My bet is the Falcons take him in the start of the 2nd.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I wouldn't hate it, but I'd like someone with a little more sand in their pants at IOL. Like the Illinois kid, Meinerz, or Trey Hill. I actually kind of like the other ND interior guy more, Banks. That dude is a road grader. 

Green would be awesome. Fight for starting center and if he doesn’t get it he’s a 3 position IOL swing guy. 

• Like 1