Jump to content

Recommended Posts

11 minutes ago, jebrick said:

But it is not.  There are quality RBs to be had later.  Yes, this is a good class for OT, CB and developmental EDGE but RB talent is there.  Is there a vast difference between Etienne and Gainwell? Etienne and  Greene? Not really. 

All of the crap i keep hearing is #24 is too soon but #33 is just fine.  That is a 4th round pick in a trade.

That being said, Harris is a good RB.  I preferred Etienne  but I am sure AR2 and Tomlin liked the big back.  Is Harris better than Conner?  Sure.  By how much?

Ooof. Really disagree. Huge gap between the top three RBs and the next grouping. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, jebrick said:

But it is not.  There are quality RBs to be had later.  Yes, this is a good class for OT, CB and developmental EDGE but RB talent is there.  Is there a vast difference between Etienne and Gainwell? Etienne and  Greene? Not really. 

All of the crap i keep hearing is #24 is too soon but #33 is just fine.  That is a 4th round pick in a trade.

That being said, Harris is a good RB.  I preferred Etienne  but I am sure AR2 and Tomlin liked the big back.  Is Harris better than Conner?  Sure.  By how much?

Is Harris better than Conner? Uh, yea...

Conner has proven he can’t stay healthy so it’s not really worth the discussion of who’s better anyway. Even if he was as good as Saquon Barkley, he’s not reliable so the position would need to be addressed anyway.

Could Gainwell end up as good as Etienne? Sure, but Steelers have tried and failed to get a mid round RB and have failed miserably. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Ooof. Really disagree. Huge gap between the top three RBs and the next grouping. 

warfelg, I have been of this opinion as well. Yes there are backs that can develop in the draft. Yes there are other good back, and backs who could do the job. But...they are not at Etienne's or Harris' levels. Then I see Williams a step below those two and the rest of the class below Williams at various steps. 

We have been there and done that.  Connor filled in nicely for Bell for a moment and injuries definitely hurt him. The current roster of Steelers RB's  (Snell, McFarland, Samuels, and Ballage) is a plethora of back-ups and role players.  Watt could be thrown in the mix as he can do some things at FB besides just block as well. But.... No one that you could feel confident turning the reins over to and no one player you could depend on week in and week out to run effectively.  Drafting anyone other than Tarvis, Najee or Williams would only add to the same rushing attack and developmental woes. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, baltimoreRebel said:

Solid pick with Harris. I'm going to enjoy watching him play for you guys. (Except against us) 

He fits your mold perfectly and it was probably the best fit of any team in the NFL. Enjoy him ya bunch of scum! 😁

Grampa Simpson Meme GIF by MOODMAN

 

Thanks.  Y’all got a good pair in Baitman and Oweh too. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Say what you will about the Harris pick, but it's going to be fun watching him run that power play we run with Decastro pulling out in front of him. Or Dotson pulling around Banner with Harris following. I think we'll be fun to watch next year. I was watching a little more Harris and he really reminds me of a cross between Bell and Steven Jackson. He's a lot more rocked up than Bell was. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Man listening to the fan on the way home from work and these guys are completely bias pushing a narrative. 

Now I remember why I don't listen to these sport talk shows

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MOSteelers56 said:

Say what you will about the Harris pick, but it's going to be fun watching him run that power play we run with Decastro pulling out in front of him. Or Dotson pulling around Banner with Harris following. I think we'll be fun to watch next year. I was watching a little more Harris and he really reminds me of a cross between Bell and Steven Jackson. He's a lot more rocked up than Bell was. 

I thought the same about the comparisons. I’m excited to have him

Link to post
Share on other sites

I would be very satisfied with any of the following in R2.

Teven Jenkins    Oklahoma State    OT
Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah     Notre Dame    OLB
Liam Eichenberg    Notre Dame    OT
Samuel Cosmi    Texas    OT
Trevon Moehrig    TCU    Safety 
Creed Humphrey    Oklahoma Center
Azeez Ojulari    Georgia    EDGE
Pat Freiermuth    Penn State    TE

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, cjfollett said:

I'll be disappointed if they pass on Humphrey if he is there at #55. I know there are other options, but I think he is the best C in this draft.

If not him, than whoever the heck else they like at Center on Day 2. Center is not a position that I feel they should gamble with, on Day 3, unless they feel that somehow, they've got the inside track on a guy with Day 2 talent, that they feel no other front office is aware of...in other words...not likely. So don't screw around and not grab our future Center tonight.

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, DR43 said:

I would be very satisfied with any of the following in R2.

Teven Jenkins    Oklahoma State    OT
Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah     Notre Dame    OLB
Liam Eichenberg    Notre Dame    OT
Samuel Cosmi    Texas    OT
Trevon Moehrig    TCU    Safety 
Creed Humphrey    Oklahoma Center
Azeez Ojulari    Georgia    EDGE
Pat Freiermuth    Penn State    TE

Yep besides Ojulari has medical concerns and might be 4/3 DE.

Moehrig is a sneaky pick cause from what I know he could play in the slot.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, AFF said:

Yep besides Ojulari has medical concerns and might be 4/3 DE.

Moehrig is a sneaky pick cause from what I know he could play in the slot.

He can?  He's 6'2.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, DR43 said:

He can?  He's 6'2.

He can match up with some TE's and  can run. He seems to have some coverage abilities in both man and zone. He has made some plays. He was said to be a late first round talent. Although, I like his teammate Ar'Darius Washington who is much smaller at 5'8 175. But he is a fit for a traditional pure slot role. Despite the lack of height, he reminds me of a baby Mike Hilton with better coverage skills. He tackles and hits but is probably not at Hilton's level against the run. He seems to be fearless in tackling. I would probably consider him being there in the fourth round. He is in the next tier, but would fill that slot role well. His teammate would be a better pure back-up FS to rotate in.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, warfelg said:

Additionally Coherd hate it and Schein called it a waste of a night. So Harris is gonna be a superstar. 

...and yet, Schein couldn;t praise the Jags, enough, for taking Etienne...gets on the Steelers for taking a need, yet praises a team, with the very next pick, taking a player at the same position, and acting like it was brilliant??  And he couldn't stop talking about the Patriots taking Mac Jones, either...remember that song from Sesame Street "...one of these kids isn't quite, the same...one of these kids is doing his on thing...are you ready to play my game..." or something like that--point being, most thought Etienne at 25 was a wasted, luxury pick, and most felt the Steelers taking Harris, was exactly as it should have been...the dude spews more hot air than Stephen A Smith...and that's saying something....

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...