Draft Day Thread:

Steeler Hitman

29 minutes ago, DR43 said:

Why do so many dislike Buddy?

Don't dislike Buddy.  I actually mocked Buddy to us as the VWill replacement as a UDFA/7th rounder.  Never in the 4th.  Look how many other guys are still there at the position with more of a resume AND measurables.

2 minutes ago, DR43 said:

i am afraid what it is we gave up

Next years fourth. 

I don’t know why you give up a future pick for a guy who’s gonna have trouble potentially making the roster? Our DL and depth isn’t a huge concern. He needs to come in and make a rotational impact (maybe at NT) or this ones not gonna make a ton of sense. 

1 minute ago, Dcash4 said:

Next years fourth. 

I don’t know why you give up a future pick for a guy who’s gonna have trouble potentially making the roster? Our DL and depth isn’t a huge concern. He needs to come in and make a rotational impact (maybe at NT) or this ones not gonna make a ton of sense. 

They are probably anticipating a good comp pick or 2 next year.

Not saying it makes it a good move....it doesnt.     But they seem more willing to trade future picks when they can anticipate a comp pick.

I dont know these last two players we took, but its just odd.     Thats how the Steelers roll, though.

2 minutes ago, 43M said:

Not saying it makes it a good move....it doesnt.     But they seem more willing to trade future picks when they can anticipate a comp pick.

I dont know these last two players we took, but its just odd.     Thats how the Steelers roll, though.

Yeah I agree. Feiler, Dupree, and Hilton will net us a couple picks. But I really am not sure I understand the player/position. 

Edited by Dcash4

4 minutes ago, 43M said:

Yea they’re probably looking at a 3rd for Bud and a 5th or 6th for both Hilton and Feiler.

Edited by AFF

Yes.  not only did they pick Loudermilk in the 5th but traded a 4th to move up to get him.  There is zero reason to draft a dlineman in this draft but you have to get a slow moving 2-gapper that could have been had as a UDFA

• Like 1