Draft Day Thread:

Steeler Hitman

After three seasons at Temple that culminated with him earning AAC Defensive Player of the Year honors in 2019, Quincy Roche leveled up and transferred to Miami for the 2020 season. While his statistical output in 2020 in the ACC doesn’t quite measure up with the monster production he had at Temple in 2019, Roche did prove that he is still a dynamic defensive playmaker against top competition. Roche is a true technician for the position that is polished with his hands, has great vision, and is a quick processor. While he is lean and has modest length, he overcomes any physical deficiencies with technique, flexibility, athleticism, and above-average functional strength for an EDGE of his size. If Roche truly measures in the 240-pound range, he will likely be viewed as a 3-4 outside linebacker, which is fine given his experience in a standup position and his performance in college. Roche has an expansive pass-rushing skill set and is a good run defender, making him a balanced defender that can contribute on every down. In the right scheme, Roche has the ability to develop into a productive starter that knows how to attack the pocket. 

https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles/2021-nfl-draft-scouting-report--edge-quincy-roche

Prospect Comparison: Shaquil Barrett (2014 NFL Draft, Denver Broncos) 

Draftnetwork had him in the top 100 players of the draft.  That is outstanding value

Edited by jebrick
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, DaRealTitletown said:

Corner is such a huge need and we have done nothing to help out there. 

Maybe they're really high on Pierre 

And there are actually still a good bit of slot CB type guys out there 

James wiggins , ar'darius washington, thomas graham jr, Kary Vincent Jr, Jason pinnock ...just off the top I'm sure I'm missing some guys

3 minutes ago, Cbrunn said:

Maybe they're really high on Pierre 

And there are actually still a good bit of slot CB type guys out there 

James wiggins , ar'darius washington, thomas graham jr, Kary Vincent Jr, Jason pinnock ...just off the top I'm sure I'm missing some guys

I am hoping for Ar'Darius Washington with one of the two 7th rounders and my punter Pressley Harvin III

7 minutes ago, Cbrunn said:

I like #5 on that list!

1 minute ago, DR43 said:

I never thought Jamie Newman would still be on the board.  I dont want a QB but just wonder why he's still available.

Being totally blunt, Newman is a great physical talent who sucks at actually playing QB.

1 minute ago, Cbrunn said:

So colbert said they had a late 3rd early 4th grade on roche. 

So that means they had a higher grade on buddy johnson and whatever that wisconsin guy name is? 

Huh make it make sense to me

You can either choose that they lie to you about taking BPA or that they lie to you about the grades of the player. 

I tend to believe they all lie about BPA. Like I think the Steelers played the first three rounds magnificently, but probably never drafted the best available player. They will tell you Harris was the top on their board, but I don’t think that’s true. They just knew they wouldn’t get a top RB at 55 (which was true by 20 picks). 

• Like 1

If we got a CB/S and Shaka Toney, I won’t be mad about day 3. 

It’s been...strange...but I like a lot of the guys upsides and contribution factor. This has been a good draft, and we are gonna get a lot of C grades.