2021 Draft Day Thread

NewAge

Just now, rickyt31 said:

I should have cleared that up. I meant college DBs. I wish Nasirildeen would get a shot at SS. 

Yeah I kind of thought he was going to be apparently they see him as a LB. In this scheme the LBs are smaller and more athletic as are the Safeties. We are so used to such vanilla positions. We finally have a progressive coach drafting and molding and developing. This is exciting. 

3 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

Yeah I kind of thought he was going to be apparently they see him as a LB. In this scheme the LBs are smaller and more athletic as are the Safeties. We are so used to such vanilla positions. We finally have a progressive coach drafting and molding and developing. This is exciting. 

I'm really stoked.  This is exactly what I wanted to happen.  Load up on offense then go grab athletes that Saleh can coach up.  I am actually way more intrigued about Sherwood and Nas at LB than any of the LBs available.  There was a plan and it was executed.  Whether it works or not, we finally have competence.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

I'm really stoked.  This is exactly what I wanted to happen.  Load up on offense then go grab athletes that Saleh can coach up.  I am actually way more intrigued about Sherwood and Nas at LB than any of the LBs available.  There was a plan and it was executed.  Whether it works or not, we finally have competence.

couldnt agree more

18 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

Oh yeah, I understand it. Since we have Davis and Mosley, I think we will be decent against the run. We'll definitely be fast and have range. 

23 minutes ago, xenajets said:

Why’s he not been drafted when he was rated in the top 100??

I think the combination of his health reports and the covid rules holding teams back from checking them out the way we normally would for prospects. The issues reported aren't new and he has been able to play with them. It's just tough. I really want us to take a shot at him. 

9 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

I think the combination of his health reports and the covid rules holding teams back from checking them out the way we normally would for prospects. The issues reported aren't new and he has been able to play with them. It's just tough. I really want us to take a shot at him. 

Well KC got themselves a steal with a late 6th for a guy ranked as a top 5 inside lineman. 

1 minute ago, xenajets said:

Well KC got themselves a steal with a late 6th for a guy ranked as a top 5 inside lineman. 

This is how good teams stay good. I'm happy for him. I'll be rooting for him and Powell in KC. 

Just now, rickyt31 said:

This is how good teams stay good. I'm happy for him. I'll be rooting for him and Powell in KC. 

Yeah when good teams ‘take chances’ late on its unbelievable how often they turn out right. In hindsight and even during the later rounds us fans are screaming for the name to be picked and look back as we were right.....

In actual fact it’s probably much more down to the fact that player is joining a winning franchise with coaching stability and time to develop and learn. 

The lesser teams are constantly hiring/firing and not helping these younger guys reach their potential.