2021 Draft Day Thread

NewAge

Really can’t get my head around the fact we drafted 5 straight DB’s. I know some will say a couple will translate into Lb/Hybrid type roles but it’s seems so much like overkill.

What’s the chances all of these guys make the roster?!? Highly unlikely. I’d rather package a few of those picks and actually got back into the 3rd round and got a guy who could end up as a starting cb for us and not just a bunch of db’s and hoping to catch lightning in a bottle. 

Especially when guys like Trey Smith (OG) and Quincy Roche (Edge) were available and at positions of need and real high reward type picks. 

Loved MC pick to start the 4th and love the upside both Nasirildeen and Marshall offer although the later my struggle because of our DLine depth.

Edited by xenajets

1 hour ago, xenajets said:

Really can’t get my head around the fact we drafted 5 straight DB’s. I know some will say a couple will translate into Lb/Hybrid type roles but it’s seems so much like overkill.

What’s the chances all of these guys make the roster?!? Highly unlikely. I’d rather package a few of those picks and actually got back into the 3rd round and got a guy who could end up as a starting cb for us and not just a bunch of db’s and hoping to catch lightning in a bottle. 

Especially when guys like Trey Smith (OG) and Quincy Roche (Edge) were available and at positions of need and real high reward type picks. 

Loved MC pick to start the 4th and love the upside both Nasirildeen and Marshall offer although the later my struggle because of our DLine depth.

You are right the chance of any of these late round players making the Jets final roster is slim, some might make the taxi squad. Douglas said this draft was going to be all about offensive and he was right. I give Douglas a B+ for this draft, I can't give him a A because we had to give up two third round picks to get Moore. I AM GLAD HE GAVE UP THE TWO THIRD ROUND PICK WE NEEDED THAT FOURTH WR. i don't anything about the RB Carter we got in the fourth round judgement on him will have to wait, but if he turns out to be a productive player all I can say WOW DOUGLAS  killed this draft.

1 hour ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

Sounds like before trading up Carter would have been the pick with one of the 3rds.

There was a lot of reports saying we really liked him. So not surprised. I doubted we were taking him Bc I didn’t think JD would go skill again

Happy we got AVT...

But can we talk about that MIN got Darrisaw and Wyatt Davis with 2 of those picks. So taking Jets fandom out. We lost that trade. They got 2 great starting caliber OLineman while we got 1 great LG. They also got a developmental QB with our pick as well. 

2 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Happy we got AVT...

But can we talk about that MIN got Darrisaw and Wyatt Davis with 2 of those picks. So taking Jets fandom out. We lost that trade. They got 2 great starting caliber OLineman while we got 1 great LG. They also got a developmental QB with our pick as well. 

But if we stayed put and Min took Darrisaw at 14 and another team took AVT then what? We still got Elijah Moore who it sounds like we were prepared to take at 23 and Michael Carter in the 4th who we would have taken in the third. AVT has been compared to Qunten Nelson. I'm totally good with the trade, JD got his guy. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Happy we got AVT...

I think if Douglas valued Davis as a “great starting caliber OLineman” he would have traded back into the third round for him.