2021 Draft Day Thread

NewAge

2 minutes ago, xrade said:

I have no issues with what Saleh seems like he is doing at LB. KONY convinced me with Nas during the FFMD mock draft (see, I can learn). Saleh has said he wants speed on D. But that is why the Sherwood pick is a head scratcher. He does not fit that mold. He is even slower than many traditional LB’s (4.72) including a 7.15 3 cone. And this is in a year where pro days seem to be reporting numbers that are unbelievable. Picking him where we did just really seemed like a reach. He probably could have been had in round 6.

Beyond that, the rest of the picks in day 3 fit the mold of fast and athletic. Should be fun to watch a lot of them flying around the field to break up passes. 

He’s gonna be a thumper. I have a feeling we’re gonna generate more pressure with blitzes than we used to as well.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, xrade said:

That’s if we need those spots. I think CB may be a big need and perhaps another OG, but if McGovern shots the bed what is wrong with a C as a FRP?

RB?  We have like 10 of them. I doubt we will need a RB. DE and LB maybe if what we have is lacking and shows little promise. Maybe ILB if Davis blows and we dump Mosley. TE if Herndon does not step up. 

Yeah.. you can say that.  I still don't think Jets will draft C in 1st next year.  2021 season is a developmental year for Saleh so I expect a few important skill positions will scream aloud for an upgrade.

1 hour ago, jetjuice said:

He’s gonna be a thumper. I have a feeling we’re gonna generate more pressure with blitzes than we used to as well.

I guess I can imagine him playing ILB. This much is clear to me. JD and Saleh see something in him and needed to have that something.  I will trust their vision. I have already contacted Woody and told him I thought it was a reach and that I am available for consultation next year. Surprisingly, no response yet. 

We have to let the year play out to see what we need next draft. What we do know is that we have 4 highly valuable picks to add talent.

You never know who surprises you as a contributor and who disappoints you. Bc there will be at least a couple guys on either side of that.

Maybe an edge rusher steps up opposite Lawson. Maybe a CB emerges opposite Hall. Maybe Herndon returns to his rookie self. Maybe Clarke or Lewis actually look good at RG. Maybe Carter and Perine look legit. Maybe Mims and Moore shine.

BUT......

Maybe Fant and RG aren’t good. Maybe no one looks good opposite Lawson and we have to ply Curry there mostly. Maybe Hall doesn’t even look good and our CB unit is just awful. Maybe none of these RBs seem legit nfl backs. Maybe Herndon just doesn’t get it.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

We have to let the year play out to see what we need next draft. What we do know is that we have 4 highly valuable picks to add talent.

You never know who surprises you as a contributor and who disappoints you. Bc there will be at least a couple guys on either side of that.

Maybe an edge rusher steps up opposite Lawson. Maybe a CB emerges opposite Hall. Maybe Herndon returns to his rookie self. Maybe Clarke or Lewis actually look good at RG. Maybe Carter and Perine look legit. Maybe Mims and Moore shine.

BUT......

Maybe Fant and RG aren’t good. Maybe no one looks good opposite Lawson and we have to ply Curry there mostly. Maybe Hall doesn’t even look good and our CB unit is just awful. Maybe none of these RBs seem legit nfl backs. Maybe Herndon just doesn’t get it.

So what you're saying is that we're drafting Derek Stingley & Luke Matthews next year? Cool. lol

37 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

We have to let the year play out to see what we need next draft.

Of course. Just a discussion based on needs that were not addressed highly in this years draft and FA thus far.

People are ridiculous. So people are saying Douglas is doing a better job drafting for Zach Wilson than he did for Sam Darnold and I'm like what???? They're like he added an OL, WR and RB to help Wilson and in my head I'm like right a 1st round OL, 2nd round WR and 4th round RB yeah never seen that before except wait just last year Douglas drafted a 1st round OL, 2nd Round WR and 4th round RB with Darnold as his Quarterback. 

Wilson is naturally coming into a better situation but Douglas definitely didn't avoid adding talent around Darnold. We would say the biggest mishap was Robby not returning but other than that like this man emphasized offense since he's been here. 

Macaggnan is the real culprit most people outside of Jets fandom dont even know who he is and thank God Adam Gase saw how much of an idiot he was and got him fired and got Douglas here. 

Lol. Just ignore people who talk out of their behind. Douglas has had two drafts. Like you said, first two non-QB picks in each draft were OL and WR.

Macc put us in a deep hole. We’re at the point where we can see the light. But we’re still in the hole.

Macc deprived our OL so much that we legitimately may still need to draft another OL in the 1st or 2nd round of next year’s draft. That’s so wild to me.

Edited by SDotNova

7 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

People are ridiculous. So people are saying Douglas is doing a better job drafting for Zach Wilson than he did for Sam Darnold and I'm like what???? They're like he added an OL, WR and RB to help Wilson and in my head I'm like right a 1st round OL, 2nd round WR and 4th round RB yeah never seen that before except wait just last year Douglas drafted a 1st round OL, 2nd Round WR and 4th round RB with Darnold as his Quarterback. 

Wilson is naturally coming into a better situation but Douglas definitely didn't avoid adding talent around Darnold. We would say the biggest mishap was Robby not returning but other than that like this man emphasized offense since he's been here. 

Macaggnan is the real culprit most people outside of Jets fandom dont even know who he is and thank God Adam Gase saw how much of an idiot he was and got him fired and got Douglas here. 

We did nothing to help him really his 1st 2 years though.