2021 Draft Day Thread

NewAge

3 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

I don't think we can really trade back. We have a shot to add a top-3 OT, RB, or LB to this team at 34. 

Not to piss on everyone’s parade, but I don’t see JD picking another OL. Come 2025 and 2026, that will be a lot of $ to shell out on OL. We may not think about those things but NFL front offices do. We could get a prospect later in the draft or wait until next year if it is even needed. We now have like 4 OG for one spot. JD may be more than comfortable with that. 

• Like 2

Just now, xrade said:

Not to piss on everyone’s parade, but I don’t see JD picking another OL. Come 2025 and 2026, that will be a lot of $ to shell out on OL. We may not think about those things but NFL front offices do. We could get a prospect later in the draft or wait until next year if it is even needed. We now have like 4 OG for one spot. JD may be more than comfortable with that. 

High likely.

Like KONY said Jenkins at 34 will be an overkill.

1 minute ago, JetsandI said:

High likely.

Like KONY said Jenkins at 34 will be an overkill.

It is still boner inducing to think of the OL we will have next year if we were to pick Jenkins. Hell, I could play QB behind that line and with those WR and be in the talk for MVP. But logic must prevail. 

This is going to be a repeat of the Mims situations. Lol.

We all were like... how the hell did he drop to us. Then...trade back. How the hell did we trade back? Then...we got Mims.

We’re trading back.

Edited by SDotNova

Just now, xrade said:

It is still boner inducing to think of the OL we will have next year if we were to pick Jenkins. Hell, I could play QB behind that line and with those WR and be in the talk for MVP. But logic must prevail. 

If we have good patience, we can get many skill players with a bunch of high picks next year.

1 minute ago, JetsandI said:

Our OL will be that good. What is your damn problem?

Too much of a luxury pick for a team that needs building blocks. Only the Chiefs last year can reasonably pull off taking a RB this early imo. 

38 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

JOK will be intriguing at 34, I hope there's a bunch of guys we like and we move back, maybe twice. 34 to like 38 and then 38 to 44 or something. 

Miami is right on our tail to take Javonte. If we want him, we might need to throw JAX a bone to ensure we get him. Miami could easily leapfrog us considering the Jags have their RB of the future now.

1 minute ago, NewAge said:

Too much of a luxury pick for a team that needs building blocks. Only the Chiefs last year can reasonably pull off taking a RB this early imo. 

And it’s not like CEH lit it up last year. A UDFA played better than him. 

2 minutes ago, jetjuice said:

Miami is right on our tail to take Javonte. If we want him, we might need to throw JAX a bone to ensure we get him. Miami could easily leapfrog us considering the Jags have their RB of the future now.

I don’t think we’re targeting a RB right now. With 70 picks between our next 2 I think we got more premium or Elite prospect who fell. 

3 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

I don’t think we’re targeting a RB right now. With 70 picks between our next 2 I think we got more premium or Elite prospect who fell. 

If we don't then I would love to see us grab Kenneth Gainwell or Elijah Mitchell later on.