2021 Draft Day Thread

After sleeping on it, I’m not worried about the 3rd round picks as long we nail these first three. If we come away with three starters / foundation type players and then fill in with special teamers and developmental guys with our later picks, I’m good.

Too many years of getting caught up in how many picks we have, or 12 man draft classes full of guys that aren’t even in the league anymore. Trust in Joe and Salah. Quality over quantity. Not filling every hole in one year. 

Just now, JohnnyHectorFan said:

After sleeping on it, I’m not worried about the 3rd round picks as long we nail these first three. If we come away with three starters / foundation type players and then fill in with special teamers and developmental guys with our later picks, I’m good.

Too many years of getting caught up in how many picks we have, or 12 man draft classes full of guys that aren’t even in the league anymore. Trust in Joe and Salah. Quality over quantity. Not filling every hole in one year. 

I agree, I just can't decide what falling talent would be the best pick.  Williams could destroy defenses behind Ticket and AVT.  Jenkins would make our OL great.  Loads of CBs.  Lots of great LBs and Edge right here.  Very hard to mess this up, just need to decide which is most important.

If I could see into the future and Rondale Moore/Anthony Schwartz were there in the 4th then I wouldn't care if we did LB or OL again.

I would love Creed Humphrey or Tevin Jenkins to lock in our line for years but I think Salah will want a new toy. He was probably dying with that late run of edge rushers last night.  JOK is my top defender left. But watch out for Moerhig from TCU, he has a lot of those Jamal Adam’s qualities but is better in coverage. Carlos Basham is a Salah type d lineman as well, if we trade down a bit. 

Edited by JohnnyHectorFan
43 minutes ago, JohnnyHectorFan said:

I would love Creed Humphrey or Tevin Jenkins to lock in our line for years but I think Salah will want a new toy. He was probably dying with that late run of edge rushers last night.  JOK is my top defender left. But watch out for Moerhig from TCU, he has a lot of those Jamal Adam’s qualities but is better in coverage. Carlos Basham is a Salah type d lineman as well, if we trade down a bit. 

I agree with somewhat with this. I think JD will give him something on defense at 34 (or in round 2 if we trade back). Cub is the only position I think is worth this spot and I don’t love any of the CBs on the board for the value right now. Where there’s guys that have no business still being there like Jenkins. Just grab him and the OL is pretty much set for years. JDs job is to grab talent. Not spread out talent. Explain to Saleh that he’s the bpa, hits a need still and that protecting our new QB is vastly more important than nearly anything else for this team.

Saleh seems like a real HC. He’s probably just as excited to get Vera-Tucker as the offensive coaches.

With that said, JOK does make sense at 34. I’d also be ecstatic with Jenkins who I thought would have been an option for us at 23.

Edited by SDotNova

Could easily get an elite talent like JOK. I’d prefer not going lb personally as I’d rather Jenkins/Creed/Dickerson but JOK could easily of been the 2nd lb after Parsons selected so the value is there. 

10 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I agree with somewhat with this. I think JD will give him something on defense at 34 (or in round 2 if we trade back). Cub is the only position I think is worth this spot and I don’t love any of the CBs on the board for the value right now. Where there’s guys that have no business still being there like Jenkins. Just grab him and the OL is pretty much set for years. JDs job is to grab talent. Not spread out talent. Explain to Saleh that he’s the bpa, hits a need still and that protecting our new QB is vastly more important than nearly anything else for this team.

I think you’re dead on thetSalah shouldwanti what’s best for the whole team. Just thinking that it never seems that our GM and HC are in sync with each other and maybe JD gives in if there’s someone Salah is banging the table for.  

Edited by JohnnyHectorFan

Shore up the OL and make up for past mistakes of not doing so for Sam. Next year will be all about glamour picks like WR, RB, CB and Edge.  For now build that OL with young 10’year pieces. 

Man I’m so torn between Jenkins and JOK. Both fill needs, are great value and have low bust rates.

JOK completes the middle of our defense. We would just need an outside corner and edge to be ready to role (next year’s to do list).

Jenkins completes our OL. We just need a couple of role players (day 3 goal) and one difference maker somewhere on the field (next year’s to do list).

Edited by SDotNova
5 hours ago, xenajets said:

Ha exactly an hour she gave me before she was up!!! Got my eyes open with matchsticks today!!!! 

Murphy’s Law. With young children:  Learn it, Know it, Live it. 

23 minutes ago, JohnnyHectorFan said:

I think you’re dead on thetSalah shouldwanti what’s best for the whole team. Just thinking that it never seems that our GM and HC are in sync with each other and maybe JD gives in if there’s someone Salah is banging the table for.  

Agreed. The first round was planned well before last night. The talk of the Jets possibly moving up for AVT was well discussed by JD and Saleh. My guess is that they also thoroughly discussed what they would do at 34 for weeks and well into the wee hours or this morning. All are on board.