2021 Draft Day Thread

NewAge

22 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I think the trade up price was steep. But the talent is worth it IMO. So I have zero issue with going quality over quantity. We’ve accumulated all these picks to be able to do things like that. So I’m happy we did. I said I didn’t want more trade backs Bc we have plenty of picks these next couple drafts. I’d rather trade up and get great players. And that’s what happened.

So for me I want us to stay at 34, grab a great player. And then if there’s a guy we love in the 3rd... move up and get him. We have 2 picks in each of the 4,5, 6 rounds. So continue getting quality.

I never gave it any though about moving back into the third round, if there is a player there Douglas wants he might do it but I don't know what the price would be.

2 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Without knowing JD's BB, I don't know if Jets will trade down from 34.   Right now, Jets should stay pat and take one at 34.  3 starters

I mean Jenkins is a total JD player. If he doesn’t draft him... it’s just Bc he doesn’t want to go OL. But I’d have to imagine he is very high on our board

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I think the trade up price was steep. But the talent is worth it IMO. So I have zero issue with going quality over quantity. We’ve accumulated all these picks to be able to do things like that. So I’m happy we did. I said I didn’t want more trade backs Bc we have plenty of picks these next couple drafts. I’d rather trade up and get great players. And that’s what happened.

So for me I want us to stay at 34, grab a great player. And then if there’s a guy we love in the 3rd... move up and get him. We have 2 picks in each of the 4,5, 6 rounds. So continue getting quality.

With you on this. At first I was like, now we should trade back. But I did not expect a couple of these players to still be on the board.

We can come out of this draft with three top 20 prospects. That's a win. We still have 6 draft picks left after that to fill in various roles. We're actually doing the quality AND quantity thing in one draft.

I also agree about CB. There aren't any players left that are exciting enough to use the 34th pick on. Had Newsome still been on the board, than yea, get him. But I don't just want a body at CB. We need a quality player opposite of Hall. We already have a body in Austin. Are any of these CBs left on the board better than Austin? I don't think so.

34 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

THE DRAFT STARTS 7:00 ET TONIGHT. It looks like a short night for us we pick at 34 in the second round and we have no third round pick and we won't pick again till Saturday. We cane into the drafts with six picks in the first 107 players. And I though we would come away with at least five solid starters, we are going to be hard pressed to come away with four. This is nobody's fault we had to make moves to get the player we wanted. After we pick at 34 which should be around 7:35 pm I am going to bale out i am not going to sit there and watch 73 players come off the board before we pick on Saturday.

But then you may miss the Jets trade up into round 3. Then you will lament the fact that you can’t tell your descendants that you witnessed the great JD that netted hall of fame player X.  Sleep well knowing that now. 

39 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I’m still so shocked JAX went Etienne. When Robinson did what he did last year.

That had to be at the suggestion of Lawrence. There is no other logical reason. Oh wait there is one - Urban Meyer. The self proclaimed smartest man in any sport. 

4 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

Are any of these CBs left on the board better than Austin? I don't think so

Absolutely they are. Davis is not good and two years of tape proves that. He is best suited as a sub player or maybe even into a converted S which I think he could do well at. 

2 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

I know people aren't super excited about our WRs. But but Davis, Crowder, Mims and Cole looks pretty descent to me. On offense, the biggest weakness looks like RG and RB. We could also use role players to help out our scheme (FB, TE).

Ya I’m normally screaming for a WR for us eatly. But I’m not this year. Trust me I’ll be happy if we get one, but I’d rather OL or RB today.

That being said... teams are all going to regret not drafting Marshall