2021 Draft Day Thread

NewAge

16 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Saleh understood what needed to be said here and made it clear. Love it. 

So glad to hear that. I love Zach Wilson as a prospect. But we have got to stop expecting QBs to be saviors. Aside from Mahomes, most QB's are carried their first few years before they start taking control of the team. 

4 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

So glad to hear that. I love Zach Wilson as a prospect. But we have got to stop expecting QBs to be saviors. Aside from Mahomes, most QB's are carried their first few years before they start taking control of the team. 

Yup, the unnecessary pressure of him feeling like its all on him will only hurt everyone involved. He has 1 job and that's to be the Quarterback and I think he can do it well. As much as I hate the Pats thats why they're always good, everyone does their job well and consistently well. 

• Like 2

I wonder if Douglas trades back like a half dozen spots if he has Jenkins/JOK/Samuel/Azeez/etc. ranked closely together. Could maybe pick up another fourth rounder that could be used later in the night to trade into the third round. 

Just now, NewAge said:

I wonder if Douglas trades back like a half dozen spots if he has Jenkins/JOK/Samuel/Azeez/etc. ranked closely together. Could maybe pick up another fourth rounder that could be used later in the night to trade into the third round. 

That's what I would do. There's a cluster of guys I love here, move back that amount of spots where one or two will be available guaranteed and grab a late 3/early 4. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

That's what I would do. There's a cluster of guys I love here, move back that amount of spots where one or two will be available guaranteed and grab a late 3/early 4. 

I would do the same thing.  I can see about 6-8 prospects that could start for Jets by end of the season. And that excluded qb and rb.  

14 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Yup, the unnecessary pressure of him feeling like its all on him will only hurt everyone involved. He has 1 job and that's to be the Quarterback and I think he can do it well. As much as I hate the Pats thats why they're always good, everyone does their job well and consistently well. 

Right there is why I have been very happy about CJ letting JD run the show.

Edit.. I mean Wilson phone tweet.

Edited by JetsandI

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

I mean Jenkins is a total JD player. If he doesn’t draft him... it’s just Bc he doesn’t want to go OL. But I’d have to imagine he is very high on our board

I am sure Jenkins is on very high end of JD's BB.  If that is only one with 1st grade, go for it.