2021 Draft Day Thread

NewAge

5 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Chris Trapasso' day 2 mock

I don't care about talking head's mocks. 

2 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Nick Bouda had Jets taken Tyson Campbell.   I approve.

I would hate this. Campbell has great physical tools but his technique is really, really bad.

1 minute ago, jetjuice said:

I don't care about talking head's mocks. 

I would hate this. Campbell has great physical tools but his technique is really, really bad.

I merely mentioned prospects that are being taken by Jets in various mocks.

Campbell wont' wow us in year 1 but year 2 is ideal for him.

I'm just not really high on taking CBs for us right now

We are probably a year or so away from competing, so I would rather get top talent in the building like I view JOK on the defensive side (star qualities, perfect for Saleh, building block) or Jenkins (set Zach up for success early and long-term).

Sign Sherman as a stop-gap, resign Poole, continue to develop Hall and to a lesser extent Bless Austin...

🤷‍♂️

Just now, Bianconero said:

I'm just not really high on taking CBs for us right now

We are probably a year or so away from competing, so I would rather get top talent in the building like I view JOK on the defensive side (star qualities, perfect for Saleh, building block) or Jenkins (set Zach up for success early and long-term).

Sign Sherman as a stop-gap, resign Poole, continue to develop Hall and to a lesser extent Bless Austin...

🤷‍♂️

We have 2 1st and 2 2nds next year. Get them next year

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, jetjuice said:

You have to consider Crowder and Cole are both in contract years, and the jury is still out on Mims. JD took Ashtyn Davis before we had an immediate need at safety, and now we're glad we have him after trading Jamal. My guy is Elijah Moore, our slot WR of the future and a guy who's a major threat on jet plays, bubble screens, all sorts of RPO plays, which is going to be a huge staple in our offense. He can also play out of the backfield and would be a mismatch nightmare in that role. Would be a great way to support your new QB in his new offense.

True and I won’t be too upset but I would rather draft a starter at a position of need than a replacement player this year. It would not be a bad use of draft capital but we could use that pick more wisely.  If we are looking at a future full time slot receiver, perhaps a more developmental one on day three.

As for Davis, JD knew he was going to be traded. So the need was not really apparent to us, but to JD it was a hole needing to be filled. 

2 hours ago, doumeyer said:

I never gave it any though about moving back into the third round, if there is a player there Douglas wants he might do it but I don't know what the price would be.

The 4th round pick is equivalent to late 3rd round pick.  Can use to move up to mid 3rd if player there we like, or stick for players who will be there at end of Day 2.  Good position to be in.  Hate to trade any of next years 1sts or 2nds to get extra 2nd this year. At least 2 year rebuild.  I like the fact that we are going quality over quantity.  

1 minute ago, Bronx Born and Raised said:

The 4th round pick is equivalent to late 3rd round pick.  Can use to move up to mid 3rd if player there we like, or stick for players who will be there at end of Day 2.  Good position to be in.  Hate to trade any of next years 1sts or 2nds to get extra 2nd this year. At least 2 year rebuild.  I like the fact that we are going quality over quantity.  

Also 3rd round compensatory section is long.  Good idea to get ahead of that section to land most coveted prospect.

6 minutes ago, Bianconero said:

That would do little for us next year. CB’s take a little time to adjust to the NFL. Sherman may be fine this year but so what?  Next year is the year we should be expecting bigger improvements and waiting to draft a CB next year will not help that much because they need to adjust.  Do that this year.  RBs have an easier transition.  Draft one of them next year.

People keep saying we will sign Poole. Well, why haven’t we. It has been a month.