2021 Draft Day Thread

NewAge

1 minute ago, JetsandI said:

Mayfield crashes badly.  He is bad at everything except tape.   

I feel the same about Leatherwood. Mayfield may do quite well in our zone blocking scheme. Not sure if he was playing in a system that utilized his skills correctly. 

7 minutes ago, xrade said:

Nor should anyone be handed anything. When you factor in Curry as well, that is 3 guys for one position. I just don’t see the need for drafting a 4th guy for the same position this year. What would a third or fourth round DE bring that we don’t already have?  I would rather select a player at a position that is not already crowded. 

It's not about the rounds, it's the talent in it. We have to see how well Huff does in the 43 and JZ battled injuries, but finished the season with 5 tackles. I'm not sure if anyone is banking on them. Phillips is in consideration, but when I see guys  Victor Dimukeje, I see someone who has had 10+ TFL all four years. There aren't a lot of prospects with 2. 21 sacks and had the most QB pressures in the power 5 conferences towards the end of the season. He's also a good run defender. That's just an example. This class is really deep. I wouldn't be mad if we did or didn't draft a DE, but if we did, there are some mid round prospects that could compete. 

6 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

It's not about the rounds, it's the talent in it. We have to see how well Huff does in the 43 and JZ battled injuries, but finished the season with 5 tackles. I'm not sure if anyone is banking on them. Phillips is in consideration, but when I see guys  Victor Dimukeje, I see someone who has had 10+ TFL all four years. There aren't a lot of prospects with 2. 21 sacks and had the most QB pressures in the power 5 conferences towards the end of the season. He's also a good run defender. That's just an example. This class is really deep. I wouldn't be mad if we did or didn't draft a DE, but if we did, there are some mid round prospects that could compete. 

I can see your point as you can never have too many pass rushers. I would just rather see what the three we have can do before getting another. Save that for next year.

Now if Weaver is there I would absolutely draft him. I know nothing about Victor D, but Phillips will probably end up as a JAG (Weaver allowed him to have good numbers) and Roche does not give his all. 

Edited by xrade

43 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Cool you will have a quick quiz tomorrow morning at 5AM sharp.

Lol. I’d just answer yes to everything and hope I bagged a few answers!! Just watched Man Utd hammer Roma so I’m all set now for the Jets to **** me over as per and draft Mac Jones #2!!!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, xenajets said:

What we snacking on tonight boys?? You still teetotal @Bobby816

Just ate some tacos. Haven’t touched a drink yet. But honestly feeling just fine after this 2nd vaccine. So I’ll probably crack open a beer come draft time. Haven’t decided yet. Might not drink until the kids go to sleep (around 8-8:30). I don’t have work tomorrow. So there’s no better reason to drink really.

What’s your drink of choice tonight? I know it’s crazy late by you for this draft (or should I say early morning?)

3 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Just ate some tacos. Haven’t touched a drink yet. But honestly feeling just fine after this 2nd vaccine. So I’ll probably crack open a beer come draft time. Haven’t decided yet. Might not drink until the kids go to sleep (around 8-8:30). I don’t have work tomorrow. So there’s no better reason to drink really.

What’s your drink of choice tonight? I know it’s crazy late by you for this draft (or should I say early morning?)

Oooo nice. Who was it last year who had lamb for dinner hoping it would mean we’d draft CeeDee Lamb??? 😂😂

Got my shop back open now but still off on paternity leave so going to stay awake as long as possible!! 

I’m on my third coffee so will be rattling by our pick 😬😬

12 minutes ago, xenajets said:

Oooo nice. Who was it last year who had lamb for dinner hoping it would mean we’d draft CeeDee Lamb??? 😂😂

Got my shop back open now but still off on paternity leave so going to stay awake as long as possible!! 

I’m on my third coffee so will be rattling by our pick 😬😬

Think same person will eat a bunch of Kiwi fruits to promote Kwity Payne at 23?