2021 Draft Day Thread

NewAge

2 minutes ago, NewAge said:

There are enough good players on the board where I don’t think there’s a huge difference between who the pick would be at 34 and, say, 40. 

Agreed - I think if we trade down to 40, we' still get one of these guys we want

Joe showed last year that another strength of his is that he knows how boards fall

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NewAge said:

Also I think people tend to forget that there’s often a reason why consensus first round guys fall out of the round and it’s usually related to medicals. 

Yeah... Not much information come out right away.  We tend to forget something. 

Jenkins' medical crap surprises me.

32 minutes ago, xrade said:

What if they pick Jenkins?  Would you be opposed to trading down a bit then?

As long as it wasn’t too far back perhaps. But for us to get a 3rd it has to be pretty far back. Now if we are trading back to get a 4th and then plan on using those 3 4ths as ammo to move up? Then that’s a thing I could get on board with. I still like a few other OLineman for us. But the RB market is thin IMO

3 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

As long as it wasn’t too far back perhaps. But for us to get a 3rd it has to be pretty far back. Now if we are trading back to get a 4th and then plan on using those 3 4ths as ammo to move up? Then that’s a thing I could get on board with. I still like a few other OLineman for us. But the RB market is thin IMO

Only kind of trade back I'd be on board with is giving up our 2nd and a 4th for another teams second and third.

15 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Fair enough. I said earlier that to get even a late TRP, we would have to drop about 15 spots. Too steep for me. We could package a 4 or 5 and drop down only 5-10. I could live with that since there may be 5-10 players I would draft. Just really curious what JD is thinking. The FRP’s were not very shocking. No idea where he goes from here. 

18 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Yes because of no in person visits. 

Without sounding obtuse, what has that to do with anything? In a typical year a lot of medical issues are discovered during the combine. This year a lot of info is coming out late but it just seems to be more than usual. 

4 minutes ago, xrade said:

Without sounding obtuse, what has that to do with anything? In a typical year a lot of medical issues are discovered during the combine. This year a lot of info is coming out late but it just seems to be more than usual. 

There was also no combine, but in person visits allow for teams to conduct physicals of their own. Some prospects did go to Indy for medicals but it wasn't mandatory. 

Things are coming out late to push guys down the board to teams who want to grab them as they're falling.