2021 Draft Day Thread

NewAge

19 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Have a feeling the next pick is an lsu guy. Cox or Vincent.

I like them both so I’m good with that.

BUT... trey smith is a steal this late. And I’d love to add Gainwell somehow. Doubt he falls to our 2nd 4th is the thing

Yeah I'd love to go Gainwell here but I think if Cox gets past Jac he's a plug and play WILL and a long term ILB which at this point in a draft would be a crazy add.

That likely means no Gainwell without a trade up because I doubt he gets to our next pick.

Would love to see Trey slip though.  Could use some more road graders on that OL.  I wouldn't mind Stevenson in the 5th as that one cut power back.  Hell having him and that left side of the OL he should be able to push the pile for 4-5 yards a carry.  He's a reliable pass blocker too from what I heard which is a nice trait many college backs need work on.  

Let’s be honest. If we can grab Cox at #107 he could easily of been the pick at #66 if all the mock drafts and experts top 100 players would of been on the same thought as the GM’s.

That means the trade up for AVT looks even better. 

Id then package #143 and #146 to move to back to the top of round 4 and grab Michael Carter. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, xenajets said:

Let’s be honest. If we can grab Cox at #107 he could easily of been the pick at #66 if all the mock drafts and experts top 100 players would of been on the same thought as the GM’s.

That means the trade up for AVT looks even better. 

Id then package #143 and #146 to move to back to the top of round 4 and grab Michael Carter. 

146 is reserved for Ben Mason#Freemasons

258 tackles, 32 tackles for loss, 14 sacks, six interceptions, two pick six and 18 pass deflections over 3 seasons at North Dakota State

58 total tackles, 6.5 tackles for loss, three interceptions, a pick-six, and five pass deflections last year at LSU.  

Guy is a DB playing LB.  Exactly what this defense needs.  His knock is competition? But he played at LSU his final year.  Along with size...who cares it's a passing league.  He's the prototypical LB for this league and would flourish under Saleh.